Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defensive midfielder right? Do we need another one?
It's clear we need attacking ones with flair...

http://eurofootballrumours.com/ever...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Everton edge closer to signing Inter midfielder Marcelo Brozovic
June 24, 2017 Nikola Horvat 0 Comments Everton, Inter Milan, Marcelo Brozovic

According to the football transfer rumours in Croatian Media (Sportske Novosti), Everton are edge closer to signing Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.

The Croatia international was signed by Inter in July 2016 from Dinamo Zagreb. The 24-year-old has a valid contract with Inter Milan until June 2021.

Since his arrival from Dinamo Zagreb, Marcelo Brozovic has scored 14 goals and provided 10 assists in 79 games for Inter Milan, including six goals and provided four assists in 28 games in all competitions this season.

The 24-year-old is considered to be one of the best midfielders in Croatia.

Marcelo Brozovic has represented Croatia at Under-18, Under-19, Under-20 and Under-21 level, winning 23 caps and scoring 10 goals, before making his senior international debut in June 2014. As a member of Croatia national football team, Marcelo Brozovic has won 26 caps and has scored six goals.

Adding an another midfielder remains Everton’s top priority this summer and Ronald Koeman will have drafted a shortlist of a number of possible targets he could approach in the coming weeks.

Brozovic has been long term target of Ronald Koeman as the manager look to bolster his midfield options for the next season.

Ronald Koeman will reportedly be handed a huge transfer kitty this summer and the Inter Milan midfielder is thought to be among the manager’s priorities.

Everton are desperate to make an impact in this summer transfer window.

The Croatia international will definitely be a good addition to the Everton side, which will be competing in the Europa League next season.

According to the report in Croatian Media, Inter have already turned down first Everton offer in the region of 18 million euros for Marcelo Brozovic, but would be prepared to sell at 20 million euros plus bonuses.

How strong that interest is and whether Everton will make a summer move remains to be seen but it is certainly one worth keeping an eye on.

Defensive midfielder right? Do we need another one?
It's clear we need attacking ones with flair...

http://eurofootballrumours.com/ever...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Everton edge closer to signing Inter midfielder Marcelo Brozovic
June 24, 2017 Nikola Horvat 0 Comments Everton, Inter Milan, Marcelo Brozovic

According to the football transfer rumours in Croatian Media (Sportske Novosti), Everton are edge closer to signing Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.

The Croatia international was signed by Inter in July 2016 from Dinamo Zagreb. The 24-year-old has a valid contract with Inter Milan until June 2021.

Since his arrival from Dinamo Zagreb, Marcelo Brozovic has scored 14 goals and provided 10 assists in 79 games for Inter Milan, including six goals and provided four assists in 28 games in all competitions this season.

The 24-year-old is considered to be one of the best midfielders in Croatia.

Marcelo Brozovic has represented Croatia at Under-18, Under-19, Under-20 and Under-21 level, winning 23 caps and scoring 10 goals, before making his senior international debut in June 2014. As a member of Croatia national football team, Marcelo Brozovic has won 26 caps and has scored six goals.

Adding an another midfielder remains Everton’s top priority this summer and Ronald Koeman will have drafted a shortlist of a number of possible targets he could approach in the coming weeks.

Brozovic has been long term target of Ronald Koeman as the manager look to bolster his midfield options for the next season.

Ronald Koeman will reportedly be handed a huge transfer kitty this summer and the Inter Milan midfielder is thought to be among the manager’s priorities.

Everton are desperate to make an impact in this summer transfer window.

The Croatia international will definitely be a good addition to the Everton side, which will be competing in the Europa League next season.

According to the report in Croatian Media, Inter have already turned down first Everton offer in the region of 18 million euros for Marcelo Brozovic, but would be prepared to sell at 20 million euros plus bonuses.

How strong that interest is and whether Everton will make a summer move remains to be seen but it is certainly one worth keeping an eye on.
He's more of a box to box/attacking midfield/wide midfield hybrid. A bit similar to Ross is some ways which makes him seem like a potential replacement in that area

He's more of a box to box/attacking midfield/wide midfield hybrid. A bit similar to Ross is some ways which makes him seem like a potential replacement in that area
I think Klaassen is our new box to box midfielder.
Brozovic's return of 14 goals in 79 games hardly excites as a goalscorer.
I just don't think we need him to be honest. If Ross goes, we should target a better quality attacking midfielder with that biggish fee.

I just don't think we need him to be honest. If Ross goes, we should target a better quality attacking midfielder with that biggish fee.

If Ross goes he will be replaced.

I also dont think we need another CM and if the window was closing tomorrow it would be a concern, but lets see what happens.

If the window closes and we have a squad full of CMs, then I will be very concerned, but im 99% certain we will add attacking players as well as defensive players.

Still think we will make another 5-7 signings.

Clearly everything will "hinge" on Lukaku and Ross.

I also dont think we need another CM and if the window was closing tomorrow it would be a concern, but lets see what happens.

If the window closes and we have a squad full of CMs, then I will be very concerned, but im 99% certain we will add attacking players as well as defensive players.

Jesus. I agree with all that.
:eek:

It looks like Walsh and Koeman are on the same page as me numbers wise...just not players wise aside from Pickford

Ross has 21 in 150 and everyone always discourages other midfielders we may sign because of their goal record. The typical midfielder won't score buckets of goals. Shouldn't really judge Brozovic on that should we?

Ross has 21 in 150 and everyone always discourages other midfielders we may sign because of their goal record. The typical midfielder won't score buckets of goals. Shouldn't really judge Brozovic on that should we?
Is that the main part you got from my post mate?
I'm saying do we need another one of his type? Not questioning his footballing ability.
Our big issue this season, which will be multiplied if Rom leaves, is finding goals.
Sandro and 2 or 3 more that can score is more of a priority in the middle and attack.

If we are signing Brozovic that's mean we are selling McCarthy.

Is that the main part you got from my post mate?
I'm saying do we need another one of his type? Not questioning his footballing ability.
Our big issue this season, which will be multiplied if Rom leaves, is finding goals.
Sandro and 2 or 3 more that can score is more of a priority in the middle and attack.
Fair points. If this Brozovic guy is a replacement for ougoing Besic/McCarthy, then it sounds like pretty good business to me. But yeah, we do need to find some more goals. And some more depth and quality across our back line. Still only June innit.

You do know im not Walsh or Koeman Zat?

Que? You're not really agreeing with me...

You've made some quips about me wanting more centre mids....and lo and behold now you're seeing that walsh and koeman may agree with me

Based upon unconfirmed and probably BS transfer links :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back