Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the opening salvo fired for Sigurdsson, reckon we'll get him for somewhere between 30-35m if he does sign. There is probably quite a few weeks of haggling to be done yet, but hopefully Lukaku gets his wish and is sold soon. I think that alone would trigger another few signings within days of Lukaku going.

It would be great if we got Sandro confirmed and Keane done as well within the next fortnight. If RK wants Andre Gray, then no reason not to conclude that too within the same timeframe.

That would be five players signed by mid July and tremendous business, leaving Sigurdsson and/or Brozovic, and a third striker to come, presuming neither Sandro/Gray are primary replacements for Lukaku.

I don't think we'll sign both Brozovic and Sigurdsson, would definately prefer the latter with his PL experience and proven goalscoring and assists.

Ideally I would still like more CB and RB cover but if we got seven in, all of whom are capable of featuring prominently though a season, I would be delighted with that.

Guarantee we haven't bid for him yet if at all mate, the same stories about an opening bid for Pickford the press ran with which was later proven to be bullshit

Only one problem there and it's a big problem, he's king of the chavs and defo voted ukip

Oh he's an utter nobhead mate, but Walsh likes him, he'd instantly solve our problems in away games of a lack of pace, and Pickfords distribution with Vardy in a team would be lethal, he also would massively suit what Koeman likes in a player with his work-rate/pressing etc

Oh he's an utter nobhead mate, but Walsh likes him, he'd instantly solve our problems in away games of a lack of pace, and Pickfords distribution with Vardy in a team would be lethal, he also would massively suit what Koeman likes in a player with his work-rate/pressing etc

Certainly agree Vardy would suit RK/SW, but I would be wary spending big money on a 30 year old though, he is going to lose a yard of pace at his age over the next 1-2 years and that's the biggest part of his game gone then. He would be looking for a 4 year contract and a big payday.

I can see him staying there, if he wasn't tempted by Arsenal last season, and having experienced the Champions League, I don't think he would find a move to Everton to be the big glamour move he might want.

So the opening salvo fired for Sigurdsson, reckon we'll get him for somewhere between 30-35m if he does sign. There is probably quite a few weeks of haggling to be done yet, but hopefully Lukaku gets his wish and is sold soon. I think that alone would trigger another few signings within days of Lukaku going.

It would be great if we got Sandro confirmed and Keane done as well within the next fortnight. If RK wants Andre Gray, then no reason not to conclude that too within the same timeframe.

That would be five players signed by mid July and tremendous business, leaving Sigurdsson and/or Brozovic, and a third striker to come, presuming neither Sandro/Gray are primary replacements for Lukaku.

I don't think we'll sign both Brozovic and Sigurdsson, would definately prefer the latter with his PL experience and proven goalscoring and assists.

Ideally I would still like more CB and RB cover but if we got seven in, all of whom are capable of featuring prominently though a season, I would be delighted with that.
Agree on almost all of that, just that I prefer LB cover over a RB one

..I wonder if Sigurdsson will have to force a move to make it happen for the type of fee you suggest. Personally, I don't see Brozovic and Sigurdsson as either/or. I might be wrong because I haven't watched lots of Brozovic but he looks most effective picking up the ball off the back four and dictating play from there. I would see Sigurdsson in the Barkley role.

Bad as in we saw precious little of that title-winning talent when he played for us. One of the few examples of a player's career kicking on after he'd left Goodison.

Fair play. 1 red card in every 9 games for Everton wasn't a great start. I did enjoy him though in what was a miserable season.

Certainly agree Vardy would suit RK/SW, but I would be wary spending big money on a 30 year old though, he is going to lose a yard of pace at his age over the next 1-2 years and that's the biggest part of his game gone then. He would be looking for a 4 year contract and a big payday.

I can see him staying there, if he wasn't tempted by Arsenal last season, and having experienced the Champions League, I don't think he would find a move to Everton to be the big glamour move he might want.

Maybe not mate, Vardy unlike a lot of 30 year olds at this level hasn't actually got that much mileage on him though - say compared to someone like Rooney whose been playing since 16 at the top level, Meanwhile a decent comparison would maybe be Ian Wright who started late like Vardy and was still at his peak at 33/34

As for spending big money on him - say we did sell Lukaku for 80-85m, bought Vardy for 20-25m (max), then bought 2 other much younger players for 25-30m apiece like Dembele, Iheanacho, Dolberg etc, would give us ones for the future and ones for the now and we'd end up with 15m profit etc

He's a one season wonder and a hideous Chav to boot. I wouldn't want that maggot anywhere near us.

..I wonder if Sigurdsson will have to force a move to make it happen for the type of fee you suggest. Personally, I don't see Brozovic and Sigurdsson as either/or. I might be wrong because I haven't watched lots of Brozovic but he looks most effective picking up the ball off the back four and dictating play from there. I would see Sigurdsson in the Barkley role.

Purely off youtube he looks way more a option who can do what Schneiderlin can do

See: Lukaku
There is a difference.

Lukaku was a teenager and wasn't ready to be up front for a title chasing team. They got rid, he got better and now they can sign back a 25 goal striker who can improve even more. Siggurdson was bought by spurs and didn't fit/wasn't good enough. In all fairness he hasn't exactly got better neither

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back