Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Swansea will sell Siguardsson. He is 28 and it is the last chance for his current club to get any decent transfer fee. They just wanna squeeze every panny out of the deal.

Tbf selling all their best players in the last few years is why they nearly got relegated when they'd been mid table every season previously. Probably should learn their lesson.

..I wonder if Sigurdsson will have to force a move to make it happen for the type of fee you suggest. Personally, I don't see Brozovic and Sigurdsson as either/or. I might be wrong because I haven't watched lots of Brozovic but he looks most effective picking up the ball off the back four and dictating play from there. I would see Sigurdsson in the Barkley role.

Its been widely reported that he wont force a move and he has said many times he is settled, happy at Swansea and enjoying his football. Think his stint at Spurs has made him appreciate playing regularly and you have to admire that.

I think wd need to see if there is a deal to be done at a price we are willing to pay. If there is, hurry up and do it. If not, move on and find someone else.

Its been widely reported that he wont force a move and he has said many times he is settled, happy at Swansea and enjoying his football. Think his stint at Spurs has made him appreciate playing regularly and you have to admire that.

I think wd need to see if there is a deal to be done at a price we are willing to pay. If there is, hurry up and do it. If not, move on and find someone else.

...I've read those reports but the players mind set could easily change if he fancies a move to Everton. The only realistic chance I can see that this might happen is if he says he wants to talk with us, if not I think Swansea will price him out of a move.

..I wonder if Sigurdsson will have to force a move to make it happen for the type of fee you suggest. Personally, I don't see Brozovic and Sigurdsson as either/or. I might be wrong because I haven't watched lots of Brozovic but he looks most effective picking up the ball off the back four and dictating play from there. I would see Sigurdsson in the Barkley role.

I agree that positionally its not either/or for those, but I just wonder at which point RK/SW would call a halt to business and say enough is enough for one pre-season.

I like Brozovic, but if a choice had to be made I would prefer getting another CB in ahead of another midfielder. Getting both of them you're talking 50-55m, without considering a big striker signing which is another 30-35m, on top of Keane and the 58m already spent.

If you do the maths, we could easily find ourselves spending 175m + gross if we signed all of the players we are heavily linked with. Obviously we should be able to recoup the lions share of money spent but I am inclined to think they'll draw a line at 7 signings, maybe 8 maximum. That would be a huge transformation to the squad within a period of a few weeks. It would mean most of the heavy lifting is done this summer, and we could focus on getting the additional 2-3 players needed to given depth and balance over the coming 12 months.

...I've read those reports but the players mind set could easily change if he fancies a move to Everton. The only realistic chance I can see that this might happen is if he says he wants to talk with us, if not I think Swansea will price him out of a move.

He may tell Swansea he fancies it but if they say no then I think he will accept it and carry on as normal.

I literally don't care what Sigurdsson costs. Or any player for that matter.

Do they makes us better? Good, get them in. Money in football is completely broken, the days of worrying about fees and wages are long gone. Just concentrate on building a team and a squad.

But then it means we could miss out on someone in future cos selling clubs know we're complete mugs and Jack their prices up.
Unless we get the rules changed and can bring sigurdsson on for set pieces only he's not worth what Swansea are talking

Realistically, is spurs bought him and then sold him back to Swansea because he wasn't good enough for them then why the he'll would they then resign him a few years later?!
See Chelsea with lukaku, luiz and matic. Players who have developed their games at other clubs, coming back to Chelsea as 'the finished article'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back