Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye that's what had me thinking about mirallas when he's up for it.

Limited watches if the lad but against Germany the other day he chased absolutely every lost cause

Jive have a buy back option on him but don't need him, Roma have a reported interest but maybe want Deulofeu, be interesting if Walsh was talking to those clubs regarding their interest to figure if its doable.

How do Juve have a buy back clause when he's never played for them?

Him, sandro, klassen as three of a front four would change the way we press from the front massively
But do they have the creativity to create chances? Koeman bangs on about pressing from the front and I agree the higher up the pitch we win the ball back the better. But last season bar Barkley, there was so little creativity in the team. Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with our signings, but I still think we need a creative no. 10 in the side. Schnerderlin has already spoken about the need to improve our away form (turning draws into wins) you need creativity to do that.

Him, sandro, klassen as three of a front four would change the way we press from the front massively

I think that is spot on. Even Sigurdson works hard when playing forward.

My suspicion is last season Koeman had a style of play he wanted to adopt. He very quickly worked out we couldn't do it so reverted to pragmatism.

This was partly down to Lukaku. The style he wanted wouldn't have brought the best out of him and he was too good not to accommodate. Also lads like Williams declined quicker than hoped, couldn't get Schneiderlin in or keep McCarthy fit etc. Bolasie got injured as well which didn't help.

We stumbled upon a system that worked post Arsenal and Rom went through a purple patch but I still think this is a long way from how he wanted to set us up. We didn't really see a repeat of the Spurs at home performance for the rest of the season and without having a lad like Deulofeu up front it's hard to see it being repeated.

This summer we look to be addressing that. With the players we've got in, are close to completing and are linked with we will set up differently. Even though we will lose 1-2 big players I expect us to kick on again and be ready to play Koemans way, especially with a full pre season under way.

They bought him off sussuolo at about 17 loaned him straight back for two seasons then sold him to them mate with a buyback clause.

Did they? That is quite weird, he never played a minute for them and Wikipedia doesn't even list them as one of his previous clubs, but he was co-owned by them and they got to insert a buy back clause. Amusing how Juve can quite literally do whatever they want in Italy, they're bigger than that league itself.

But do they have the creativity to create chances? Koeman bangs on about pressing from the front and I agree the higher up the pitch we win the ball back the better. But last season bar Barkley, there was so little creativity in the team. Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with our signings, but I still think we need a creative no. 10 in the side. Schnerderlin has already spoken about the need to improve our away form (turning draws into wins) you need creativity to do that.

Depends mate, there's a modern obsession with having to have a playmaker when in the past a team could do well just having a very good attacking unit, with movement and players who where strong technically and could all pass a bit.

Pointed out our 80s side never had anyone you could term a playmaker in it, just a very fluid team.

Did they? That is quite weird, he never played a minute for them and Wikipedia doesn't even list them as one of his previous clubs, but he was co-owned by them and they got to insert a buy back clause. Amusing how Juve can quite literally do whatever they want in Italy, they're bigger than that league itself.

Think they basically bought him or co owned or whatever it's called, and sold that ownership back for the buyback option.

Dodgy as hell really, but it's a corrupt league.

So who's next through the doors lads?

Looks like Sigurdsson interest maybe increasing. Hope so, class player. Get him in, get rid of the remaining dead wood aka McCarthy, Delboy, Barkley, Besic etc.

Kone and McAleny are gone. Lennon, Cleverley (gone on 1st July), Tarashaj, Niasse, Garbutt, Grant, Rodriguez...

Check him on transfermarket mate, it lists what happened in regards to him being bought loaned etc.

I think Koeman was frustrated with a lot of our players when he first came as most of them are rubbish at pressing. You can see how he's trying to add industry as well as goals to the side. Looking promising if we can bring in a few more quality signings.

I think Koeman was frustrated with a lot of our players when he first came as most of them are rubbish at pressing. You can see how he's trying to add industry as well as goals to the side. Looking promising if we can bring in a few more quality signings.

It's why Davies became an ever present, he basically was a blank canvas who took on board exactly what the manager wanted

Read a very interesting piece last year, about the high press reducing the need for a playmaker type, as the pressing effectively creates those chances by getting the ball in already strong attacking situations, having seen the rs against the better teams, got to say it kinda works that way in a lot of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back