Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's why Davies became an ever present, he basically was a blank canvas who took on board exactly what the manager wanted
Yes, I agree mate.

Which makes me curious to hear his less flattering (if not criticism) of Davies of late.

I have a feeling that Klaassen is not for the slot behind the strikers that many earmark him for, but that he'll be taking up the kind of space where Davies has operated last season.

Yes, I agree mate.

Which makes me curious to hear his less flattering (if not criticism) of Davies of late.

I have a feeling that Klaassen is not for the slot behind the strikers that many earmark him for, but that he'll be taking up the kind of space where Davies has operated last season.

I love Davies mate, but he started to wear down last season without doubt, a lot of games at his age and his intensity.

I do think Klassen will play instead of him and sometimes Gueye and I'm fine with that, rather see Davies playing 25-30 games over all comps and being fresh all season. Ultimately it will help his development long term, two seasons of that will still seem him at only 20 with about 90 games under his belt and then chances are koeman leaves anyway.

Yes, I agree mate.

For what it's worth, I think Koeman rates Davies higher than Gueye long term

Nah, I just think we have a manager who gives youth a chance. If it turns out to be a straight fight between Gueye and Davies then Gueye will be starting 9 times out of 10 imo.

Plus with Gueye at 27 he will still be around for years to come.

Yes, I agree mate.

what less flattering things? are you talking about him saying he's not as physically strong as DCL? if so then that was more a compliment to DCL than a slight at Davies...sort of 'Davies is a first teamer and DCL is stronger for a youngfella'

Read a very interesting piece last year, about the high press reducing the need for a playmaker type, as the pressing effectively creates those chances by getting the ball in already strong attacking situations, having seen the rs against the better teams, got to say it kinda works that way in a lot of games.

spurs have the best of both worlds with eriksen

I love Davies mate, but he started to wear down last season without doubt, a lot of games at his age and his intensity.

I do think Klassen will play instead of him and sometimes Gueye and I'm fine with that, rather see Davies playing 25-30 games over all comps and being fresh all season. Ultimately it will help his development long term, two seasons of that will still seem him at only 20 with about 90 games under his belt and then chances are koeman leaves anyway.

Reading between the lines of his near season end comments I thought that Koeman was hinting that Davies needs to add to his game and make it more consistent...in fact he used the word 'consistency' IIRC.

Let's put it this way, he's not going to spend the best part of £55M on his two most recent signings for the engine room in the shape of Schneiderlin and Kaassen and not play them. Davies will need to be ready to handle a lot of bench time this season.

Read a very interesting piece last year, about the high press reducing the need for a playmaker type, as the pressing effectively creates those chances by getting the ball in already strong attacking situations, having seen the rs against the better teams, got to say it kinda works that way in a lot of games.

They also have coutinho though mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back