Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol just now this entered my RSS feed (source: Het Nieuwsblad), another chapter...:

De soap rond Henry Onyekuru kent iedere week een nieuw hoofdstuk zo lijkt het wel. Nu zou er volgens Het Nieuwsblad weer een nieuwe constructie op poten gezet worden.

De Belgische krant weet namelijk dat Everton FC Henry Onyekuru voor 8-9 miljoen kopen van Eupen en hem dan een jaartje bij RSC Anderlecht stallen. De Belgische landskampioen zou zo over het ras talent kunnen beschikken zonder de hoge transfersom te hoeven betalen.

Het nadeel is wel dat ze zo zelf eigen spelers minder speelkansen zullen kunnen geven voor een speler die nooit echt hun eigendom zal zijn. Sportief zouden ze er wel op vooruitgaan maar financieel niet meteen.

Short summary: Everton wants to buy him for 9 Mil € and wants to loan him to RSCA.
Wow

Didnt see that coming.

Schneiderlin/Klaassen/Davies/Gueye. That is quite enough to hold that position all season with enough quality. We can draft in from Unsworth's team if need be (assuming Besic isn't fit).

I cant stress enough the chasm that will be left by Lukaku. His departure will take years to recover from. He is an exceptional talent and we'll struggle badly to make that gulf up in terms of class and finishing. Sandro? Hmm. Maybe chip in with 10 or so IMO. Calvert-Lewin is garbage IMO...just not buying that kid at all.

We need a massive statement signing for upfront.
You do. O Lukaku isn't leaving right? No way will Chelsea pay 100 mil for him. Not a chance. He's staying

I fear we'll see a pressing outfit with little clue what to do with the ball when we get it and no one with the class to punish opponents.

That can change I suppose. But Lukaku and Barkley leaving will set us back. The signings so far are unimpressive to me.
If we signed Messi and Ronaldo you would moan there to old. Can't believe your still pretending to be an Evertonian. As it's so obvious by every single post you post your not.

Btw Pickford is a fantastic signing and will be the signing of the summer

Never said it was important, I've followed Grandoldteam on twitter for ages and when I was told by my mate about Gana I thought I'd get involved and let others know. At the time he was removed from the site.... I will enjoy the forum though, it's about time I joined it. My mate owes me a pint for the stick I've got on here. I'll stick to posting less controversial stuff in future
Pritty sure this guys gonna start pming us saying our long lost relatives died and we are owed a fortune if we just give him our bank details

So it appears that Sandro will be announced after his commitments are done with Spain, Gylfi is hard to get a solid read with everything I'm seeing. My question is are there any solid whispers or rumours on what our next signing could be?

I forgot there was also the double grab for Gray and Keane, any more to that?

See Bertrand Traore moving to Lyon for less than 10mil. We've been tenuously linked previously. Would've loved him here for anything around that price. Huge bargain in today's market.

See Bertrand Traore moving to Lyon for less than 10mil. We've been tenuously linked previously. Would've loved him here for anything around that price. Huge bargain in today's market.

That is a bargain but with him being a Chelsea player might not of been so easy to get him on a cheap deal while asking them for a not so cheap deal for one of our players!!

Pick one of these two pairings:

Gray/Giroud

Or

Dost/Vardy

Your choice and why (and no, hurling yourself off of the nearest multistory structure is not an option for the purpose of the exercise....).

--------------------------------Pickford

-----------------------Williams-----------New CB
Coleman---------------------------------------------------Baines

----------------Schneiderlin------------Gueye
------------------------------Klaassen

Bolasie-------------------------------------------Sandro
-----------------------New Target man

Well we'd have two of the four to turn to + Besic and/or an U23 player.

Probably closer to how we will set up in most games, against "lesser" teams we will probably play a more offensive midfield diamond but in most games I agree we will probably go with 2-1 rather than 1-2 in midfield.

Also Bolasie and Sandro need switching.

Basically Davek if we have 2 centre mids out e.g Gana/Schneiderlin we can play Klaassen and Davies but lack a 3rd centre mid and have no one on the bench. Although ive been in the morgs/mouts-goat camp on Besic from day 1 we cant rely on him to be fit either.

Would you be comfortable playing in 2 domestic cups, the Europa and the league where we would be one injury away from having an u23 player on the bench all season or, if we had a suspension or 2 injuries playing an u23 player and having another on the bench....i'm all for it but NOT for an entire season when not a single centre mid in the u23s (other than walsh perhaps) has gotten 'rave reviews' from the people watching the games each week, even he and perhaps Baningime would need to be brought in gradually.

in short, 2 injuries/suspensions and were goosed.

I just see this as something approaching a good enough squad

Pickford/Robles
Coleman/Kenny -- ???/Holgate -- ???/Williams -- Baines/???
Klaassen/Davies -- Schneiderlin/??? -- Gana/???
???/Bolasie -- ???/DCL -- Sandro/lookman
Even if we sign Sandro, I see were 7 players away from having a squad good enough to compete on 4 fronts...even if we promote one or two young players, 5+ away.

EDIT: Oh, and GOAT stop putting sandro on the right, hes either in the centre or on the left ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back