Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onyekuru.....never heard of this lad but the report shows 1 in 2 goal record and decent amount of assists....but does £8mil seem a lot for basically a trial fee to be played with another team for a season. Unusual approach but this is a new Everton and I'm happy to see how this show of financial muscle pans out!

Onyekuru.....never heard of this lad but the report shows 1 in 2 goal record and decent amount of assists....but does £8mil seem a lot for basically a trial fee to be played with another team for a season. Unusual approach but this is a new Everton and I'm happy to see how this show of financial muscle pans out!

...linked with him lots a month or so ago but gone quiet of late.

Even though we are getting depth in midfield, i am holding hope that this kindness of loaning him to Anderlecht (who stated the other day they have a 1 in 48 chance of getting the lad) is a gift for first dibs on Dendoncker!

Even though we are getting depth in midfield, i am holding hope that this kindness of loaning him to Anderlecht (who stated the other day they have a 1 in 48 chance of getting the lad) is a gift for first dibs on Dendoncker!
Not really.
We obviously think he can play/develop.
Get them to pay for his wages for a season and if he does turn out to be not great I imagine we'd get our money back selling him on anyway. It will cost us nothing. On the other hand if he turns out to be a player, we'd have him on the cheap with an extra years experience. Essentially the Chelski model of youth development.

Chelski had something like 38 players out on loan last season. Doesn't seem to work for them in terms of getting them into the first team, but they seem to make quite a lot of money off the back of it. Traore gone to Lyon for a good sum, £20m being bandied about for Ake etc...

I think it is a win-win. If he rips up the Belgium league next season then get his Work Permit sorted and bring him back. Assume Anderlecht are also in Champs League. If he finds that next step up a bit too much, I am sure that there will still be buyers. No way he'll be a straight £8M from a club like Eupen anyway. Probably a couple up front and the rest add-ons.

I like the cut of your jib, get your cv in you could be the Walsh whisperer with ideas like that!

Meh.

We should drop interest like a sack of spuds, at anybody who holds out on us like that. Players should WANT to come to us. If they have half an eye elsewhere, they have potential to rock the boat later or not give 100%. Do this a couple of times, and agents will see it and advise their bladder kickers not to flip around with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back