Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelski had something like 38 players out on loan last season. Doesn't seem to work for them in terms of getting them into the first team, but they seem to make quite a lot of money off the back of it. Traore gone to Lyon for a good sum, £20m being bandied about for Ake etc...

I think it is a win-win. If he rips up the Belgium league next season then get his Work Permit sorted and bring him back. Assume Anderlecht are also in Champs League. If he finds that next step up a bit too much, I am sure that there will still be buyers. No way he'll be a straight £8M from a club like Eupen anyway. Probably a couple up front and the rest add-ons.
True is it a case of a cash generator for them though, the 2 you mention bring in £40mil which covers Bakayoko. Despite losing Solonke for next to nothing to that lot over the park it seems a smart model to me. That said I'd prefer us to continue to produce first team players and not produce for other teams.

I'm a clinical way I think you are right there mate.

Meh.

We should drop interest like a sack of spuds, at anybody who holds out on us like that. Players should WANT to come to us. If they have half an eye elsewhere, they have potential to rock the boat later or not give 100%. Do this a couple of times, and agents will see it and advise their bladder kickers not to flip around with us.

Agreed! This guy would not be good in the team...seems full of it and can't see why...lots of strutting, sulking and little end product...maybe Koeman can sort him who knows...a touch of the Balotellitis about him

We should not be loaning out onyekuru if we buy him-we desperately need speedy forwards with good finishing. Only exception is if it's part of a bigger deal with anderlecht to get one of their players.

Even though we are getting depth in midfield, i am holding hope that this kindness of loaning him to Anderlecht (who stated the other day they have a 1 in 48 chance of getting the lad) is a gift for first dibs on Dendoncker!

Would seem a good strategy wouldn't it?

Also have the gut feeling the Italy trip wasn't about as much as buying players from Juve and a few other teams but rather networking and trying to liaise with other DoF/owners etc to see which targets were available and which the likes of Juve where prioritising to avoid driving up prices from us and them

Walsh really does seem to be aiming to not be getting knocked back and getting the people we bid for over the line, which is brilliant to see

Anyone know how much of the truth is behind the Lemos link?

I really like the look of him when i see him play, i dont know if it is just the ponytail but he really reminds me of Van Dijk

we've been linked with him since May so maybe there is some truth to it, but also heard interest was dropped once Man Utd weren't in for Keane as we were going for him then...all paper talk though so no ITK facts for you. I'd like him too

Meh.

We should drop interest like a sack of spuds, at anybody who holds out on us like that. Players should WANT to come to us. If they have half an eye elsewhere, they have potential to rock the boat later or not give 100%. Do this a couple of times, and agents will see it and advise their bladder kickers not to flip around with us.

Niang hasn't had a medical with us

Don't believe everything you read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back