Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....Tuesday mornings rumour mill;

- RoyalBlueMersey reports Everton are chasing Sheffield United youngster, David Brooks. The attacking midfielder was voted best player in the recently concluded Toulon Tournament where he played for England youth.

- Toffeeweb says Everton are keeping tabs on Las Palmas Centre Back Mauricio Lemos. The Uruguayan U23 international has a 26m euros release clause and a move is only seen likely if a deal for Michael Keane falls through.

- The Daily Express suggests Chelsea will tie up a deal for Romelu Lukaku when he returns from holiday. The club have bid £70m but will need to increase that by at least £10m to secure the player.

- According to Sky Sports, Everton are positive about acquiring QPR youngster Josh Bowler after having 2 bids turned down.

- 4th Official continues to link the Toffees with Sassuolo's Domenico Berardi.

- The Daily Mail says Notts Forest are keen on a loan deal for Everton's Brendan Galloway.

- The Mirror reports Ronald Koeman interest in Barcelona youngster Carles Alena. Spurs are also keen on the player who has a release clause of £2.6m which rises to £10.5m on 1st July.

- Mundo Deportivo suggests Everton are looking to muscle in on Barcelona's pursuit of Brazilian international midfielder Lucas Lima. Fox Sports claim Barcelona have a deal in place to sign the Santos man for free when his contract expires in December.

- The Liverpool Echo have picked up on a report in Spain that Real Madrid are interested in Everton target, Sandro Ramirez.

We currently have Barry, McCarthy, Besic, Gana, Davies, Morgan, Barkley, Klaassen for the 3 slots.

Everybody is assuming Besic isnt fit, hes currently fit and able, everybodys assuming Barry is finished, hes not, everybody is assuming McCarthy is gone, I think thats fair, everybody is assuming Barkley is gone, who knows, if Barkley or McCarthy are sold, they will be replaced. Currently, numbers and quality wise we are fine in midfield.

No you dont, thats why I placed them as 1-2, 1 sitter and 2 box to box midfielders, like Klaassen and somebody else, maybe Davies, Gana, drive at teams, employ the press from the front 3, the 2 in midfield press.

It's overkill in that position atm. Money is required to be spent elsewhere. And I go back to my earlier point of Davies being crowded out. It will happen.

Nine of them have the required skills to make killer final passes that unlock defences. They can press, yes. But what they do after winning the ball high up the pitch is the next thing they have to think about. None of this lot are consistently cute enough for the position...but "the Ronk" dont do playmakers.

I don't disagree with your anxiety regarding forwards (if you look at my prior posts you'll see that I am very worried about replacing Lukaku's goals) but I think we play with a lot of CMs relatively speaking and 5 players for 3 positions doesn't seem like overkill. I'm also concerned about what our resources really are but things are in such a state of flux that I'm not sure where we are in that regard. I suspect we will bring in some cheaper squad players (both in terms of wages and fees) compared with the players we are getting linked with currently towards the end of the window when prices decline for the less glamorous players and we know our EL fate.

Goat -- Besic may be fit now but he's been fit before and then quickly injured again. He's a 'body' but cant be relied upon. McCarthy would surely be sold, Barry cant play against faster players or he gets overrun and just fouls them....Barkley has been moved out of the centre.

Davek -- If we play 50 odd games this season as we should hope for then Klaassen, Gana, Schneiderlin wont play every single game. Davies would get at least 30 appearances as things stand. In fact we need another Davies really to rotate in, or else these young lads will be burnt out by the end of the season.

Windymiller -- I think on paper we can trust 4 players for the 3 central roles...it looks flimsy

Sandro will play where I say, you appear to have missed off Besic, Barry, Mirallas, Barkley, Lukaku, McCarthy, Galloway, Mori, Jagielka, not to mention Geri and Niasse.

Theres your 7 players Zat, if any of those are moved on they will be replaced, but you cant pretend they dont exist ffs.

Sandro is never playing on the right...no chance.

And mate... :o

Lol just now this entered my RSS feed (source: Het Nieuwsblad), another chapter...:

De soap rond Henry Onyekuru kent iedere week een nieuw hoofdstuk zo lijkt het wel. Nu zou er volgens Het Nieuwsblad weer een nieuwe constructie op poten gezet worden.

De Belgische krant weet namelijk dat Everton FC Henry Onyekuru voor 8-9 miljoen kopen van Eupen en hem dan een jaartje bij RSC Anderlecht stallen. De Belgische landskampioen zou zo over het ras talent kunnen beschikken zonder de hoge transfersom te hoeven betalen.

Het nadeel is wel dat ze zo zelf eigen spelers minder speelkansen zullen kunnen geven voor een speler die nooit echt hun eigendom zal zijn. Sportief zouden ze er wel op vooruitgaan maar financieel niet meteen.

Short summary: Everton wants to buy him for 9 Mil € and wants to loan him to RSCA.

Operation: Leander Dendoncker Is afoot.

Sign Onyekuru, loan to Anderlecht and pay a 'reasonable' fee for Dendoncker...

Hopefully...

Operation: Leander Dendoncker Is afoot.

Sign Onyekuru, loan to Anderlecht and pay a 'reasonable' fee for Dendoncker...

Hopefully...
Probably because he will not get a work permit in england which is a shame...would have been a very useful player to have. Not sure how much he would play for RSCA...maybe would be better to loan him out to Spanish club...

Who are the other three ?
200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back