Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think maybe with WRD getting a few bits wrong such as Schmeichel done, the new left back etc, maybe they were leaking fake news to certain suspects to filter out the blabber mouths and the ones that keep it to themselves?

E.g "Tell Martin in the accounts we have signed a new left back, then check if it pops up on social media anywere". If it does then good old Martin gets the boot
Could well be. Give different info to different people and see what surfaces. Still, keeping it as quiet as they did before signing Henry was commendable!

Sans Lukaku we'd of still finished above 11th (although the stat about 7th I don't quite believe). Koeman had a pretty attack minded set up at Saints. When's the last time we had a record like his against the top 4. Bladdered the RS by 6 goals? Surely you have to give him a few years. We had a much inferior manager for 3!- I shudder to think what would of happened the prior season without Lukaku- we'd of possibly been close to relegation seeing how important a record breaking striker is.

Edit: on topic: I like the look of this Onyekuru lad!
I'll accept that when facts bear it out.

Sans Lukaku we'd of still finished above 11th

The assumption here is that Lukaku contributed to no goals other than the ones he scored. It is complete nonsense to say we would have finished in the same position without him, maybe without the timing of his goals, but not without him.

If you watch him in the match, he occupies two defenders most of the time, allowing other players to move and score. Not his fault that they miss tap ins etc.

Anyway, as this was in the transfer thread, I replied here, probably should have been in the lukaku thread.

Greatly encouraged by business and prospects so far, more still to do and some people to move on.

Fixed the backline? They shipped as many set piece goals as we ever have in the past few seasons. What he did was to get a lot of bodies behind the ball. The defence were and our still hopeless.

Used here no doubt in a relative sense, in that it was 10 times less hopeless (or rather calamitous) than under Martinez - who was so good that he chased out of the club one of the best and classiest centre halves we have ever had (Distin) in the interests supposedly of playing 'attacking football', and then oversaw a player mutiny because he wouldn't let them defend.

Utter clown. Genial, but a clown.

And you have a go at Koeman. Jeez...

Used here no doubt in a relative sense, in that it was 10 times less hopeless (or rather calamitous) than under Martinez - who was so good that he chased out of the club one of the best and classiest centre halves we have ever had (Distin) in the interests supposedly of playing 'attacking football', and then oversaw a player mutiny because he wouldn't let them defend.

Utter clown. Genial, but a clown.

And you have a go at Koeman. Jeez...
Ha Ha.

39 goals shipped in that first season - second lowest for the club in the PL.

Hopefully the Dutchman surpasses "the clown's" goals against record as well as his points and season win records.

This brooks rumour is odd as one of our scouts/coaches (hoyland?) said the kid was going on loan to chesterfield and if he did well there sheff utd would have a good player on their hands...doesn't sound like were bidding for the best player in the Toulon tournament.

Hirst is also an odd one as we made a small bid in Jan, hes showed he can score in the Toulon tournament but no word of a bid

Bowler seems the imminent one but no youth caps and 3mil?

He never went to Chesterfield in the end; Sheff United pulled him out of a deal at the last minute, they were fuming. Maybe the reason being we're going to buy him.

You hate Mirallas though no?

Anyway, for me, he had to fix that backline as a priority last season. Which he did with not particularly good players. I agree it did harm the attack a little, not really majorly, but he has said himself that he wants more from the forwards. So maybe give him a chance to do it?

What am I doing?!

He doesn't hate mirallas for this aurgument mate... just all the other ones he has

..yes, I seen that quote about Brooks. As you indicate, it didn't suggest we were bidding for him but it's odd that an Everton scout would be chatting about him. I think he also said he looks very young for his age and could be outstanding when he physically develops.

There was a mention of Hirst a week or so ago. I can only assume we've registered an interest.

I agree about Bowler. The other point I would make is that I think he was released by a club before he joined QPR. I can only think he's turned his career around, for that type of fee he must be a stand out.

Think I read somewhere it was Fulham.

The assumption here is that Lukaku contributed to no goals other than the ones he scored. It is complete nonsense to say we would have finished in the same position without him, maybe without the timing of his goals, but not without him.

If you watch him in the match, he occupies two defenders most of the time, allowing other players to move and score. Not his fault that they miss tap ins etc.

Anyway, as this was in the transfer thread, I replied here, probably should have been in the lukaku thread.

Greatly encouraged by business and prospects so far, more still to do and some people to move on.

We probably would have finished the same position seeing as we were 15 points clear. But I agree with what your saying though

Lukaku
Deulofeu
Mirallas
Barkley

^^^ When they were put out together (which was regularly) that was the most potent attacking line up we've put out for games in a couple of generations.

Sort of puts into perspective the tripe Koeman has bought and put out in his first season - a season in which he'd have been sunk had he not inherited a record breaking goal scorer. Now that he wont have him he's flummoxed and casting around for some sort of formation, system and a group of players to get us past that massive loss of Lukaku.

For my money he hasn't got a 'kin clue how to put an attack together.
Martinez barely ever played Mirallas and Del together, you're beyond clueless

Obviously nothing happening if everyone is talking about Martinez and Lukaku in the transfer thread!!

Get bidding blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back