Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting deals done early has been a welcome change but the most impressive thing so far was pulling Onyekuru from absolutely nowhere. I'm amazed there wasn't so much as a sniff about the Arsenal/West Ham bound player then BAM, we've signed. Done. I'm impressed that they've plugged the leaksfrom inside the club recently so efficiently.

I think maybe with WRD getting a few bits wrong such as Schmeichel done, the new left back etc, maybe they were leaking fake news to certain suspects to filter out the blabber mouths and the ones that keep it to themselves?

E.g "Tell Martin in the accounts we have signed a new left back, then check if it pops up on social media anywere". If it does then good old Martin gets the boot

And you had faith in Bobbys choice of attacking players.
Do you want me to start a list
McGeady , Naisse ,Kone ,Lennon that big lump that played one game and got injured
I could go on and on.
Lukaku was a proven PL goal scorer so don't mention him
Lukaku
Deulofeu
Mirallas
Barkley

^^^ When they were put out together (which was regularly) that was the most potent attacking line up we've put out for games in a couple of generations.

Sort of puts into perspective the tripe Koeman has bought and put out in his first season - a season in which he'd have been sunk had he not inherited a record breaking goal scorer. Now that he wont have him he's flummoxed and casting around for some sort of formation, system and a group of players to get us past that massive loss of Lukaku.

For my money he hasn't got a 'kin clue how to put an attack together.

I think maybe with WRD getting a few bits wrong such as Schmeichel done, the new left back etc, maybe they were leaking fake news to certain suspects to filter out the blabber mouths and the ones that keep it to themselves?

E.g "Tell Martin in the accounts we have signed a new left back, then check if it pops up on social media anywere". If it does then good old Martin gets the boot
That was an old trick of the CIA in the late 40's/50's

Lukaku
Deulofeu
Mirallas
Barkley

^^^ When they were put out together (which was regularly) that was the most potent attacking line up we've put out for games in a couple of generations.

Sort of puts into perspective the tripe Koeman has bought and put out in his first season - a season in which he'd have been sunk had he not inherited a record breaking goal scorer. Now that he wont have him he's flummoxed and casting around for some sort of formation, system and a group of players to get us past that massive loss of Lukaku.

You hate Mirallas though no?

Anyway, for me, he had to fix that backline as a priority last season. Which he did with not particularly good players. I agree it did harm the attack a little, not really majorly, but he has said himself that he wants more from the forwards. So maybe give him a chance to do it?

What am I doing?!

There's a chance he might not make it you know mate. Which would be sad.
There's nothing I've seen from him that makes me think he's not worthy of being in our squad bar a poor half poorly against City. His crossing is pants, but surely we should be grooming him and Holgate to be our CB's in the next 3-4 years?

No Mate, the club would be getting sued left right and centre for unfair dismissal if it did that, as they would have noway whatsoever of proving that the leak came from that person and wasn't instead just a random rumour made up by a journalist etc

Anyway, for me, he had to fix that backline as a priority last season. Which he did with not particularly good players. I agree it did harm the attack a little, not really majorly, but he has said himself that he wants more from the forwards. So maybe give him a chance to do it?

What am I doing?!
Fixed the backline? They shipped as many set piece goals as we ever have in the past few seasons. What he did was to get a lot of bodies behind the ball. The defence were and our still hopeless.

Lukaku
Deulofeu
Mirallas
Barkley

What am I doing?!

If this so-called Evertonian put as much effort into something constructive in his life as he does spent on here griping about Koeman, he could actually, well maybe achieve something.

The above post, still referring to the former manager and what he did, despite his obvious failings, and the anger and hate towards the current manager, all in 1 pathetic post.

Never met him, but have to say this is definitely the saddest individual I have ever come across on any platform of interactive internet media.

Fixed the backline? They shipped as many set piece goals as we ever have in the past few seasons. What he did was to get a lot of bodies behind the ball. The defence were and our still hopeless.

Either way, he's realised the frontline is a bit threadbare, and has said he want more from it.

Lukaku
Deulofeu
Mirallas
Barkley

Sans Lukaku we'd of still finished above 11th (although the stat about 7th I don't quite believe). Koeman had a pretty attack minded set up at Saints. When's the last time we had a record like his against the top 4. Bladdered the RS by 6 goals? Surely you have to give him a few years. We had a much inferior manager for 3!- I shudder to think what would of happened the prior season without Lukaku- we'd of possibly been close to relegation seeing how important a record breaking striker is.

Edit: on topic: I like the look of this Onyekuru lad!

Good evening mein frandels, and welcome to the fifth week of the Weasel Index.

This captures data from June 21st - June 27th.

What is the Weasel Index? Find out here https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/summer-transfer-window-2017.94428/page-846#post-5473408

QQKf3GW.gif

This time, an excellent gif provided by the peerless @Sapie88

This week saw a much lighter sprinkling of Weasel Sightings - in no doubt due to the decline in Sandro discussions - and a generally quiet time on the rumour front.

Until yesterday, where all of a sudden, we had MOVEMENT.

Weasel Index Updates:

For goodness Ake, @Saint Domingo thinks we could be in for Nathan

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/summer-transfer-window-2017.94428/page-1838#post-5553955

Can't be anyone watching Belgian second division football can there really? WRONG. @II McColl II has you covered

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/henry-onyekuru.97315/page-6#post-5554031

An early candidate for @themole10 ITK God List - but not signed yet, so on @mccole goes. Have good feelings here.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/summer-transfer-window-2017.94428/page-1818#post-5553038

Moderation Team?!?!?! @AndyC gave us three updates on Sandro.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/sandro-ramirez.96518/page-384#post-5549755

No beef with bully here - @bullybeef thinks a deal is in the offaling for Brozovic

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/summer-transfer-window-2017.94428/page-1743#post-5546759

Disaster for @toffee66 - Sandro wasn't signed last week. 'Doubled down' - quadruple Weasel Point

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/sandro-ramirez.96518/page-339#post-5545236

Another one for Super Weasel @Raino85 - Keane done

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/transfer-rumour-michael-keane.97029/page-7#post-5534250

The inside track - however temporary (
@DerbyshireAndHarper ) on Burnley's financial situation, and how it affects our pursuit of Gray and Keane - @Lune1878

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/transfer-rumour-michael-keane.97029/page-9#post-5544396

Ever-y transfer window Banega ??? @when i score we riot thinks so

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/sandro-ramirez.96518/page-300#post-5543835

@Pabbers and the journos in Poland - nothing to write home about sadly

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/sandro-ramirez.96518/page-278#post-5542616

And that's broadly it for this week in terms of sightings.

Here are the scores for the 'Downie Prentice Baz PED O'Keefe all must be CRUSHED' Weasel Index this week

1. @Raino85 - 250 Weasel Points
2. @EFCccc - 80 Weasel Points
3. @mixed_up - 50 Weasel Points
4. @Manx Blue - 50 Weasel Points
5. @CairnsToffee - 50 Weasel Points
6. @DerbyshireAndHarper - 40 Weasel Points
7. @GerryandthePaceMerchants - 40 Weasel Points
8. @toffee66 - 20 Weasel Points
9. @AndyC - 15 Weasel Points
10. @TheCount - 10 Weasel Points
11. @Joey66 - 10 Weasel Points
12. @BurnhamBlue - 5 Weasel Points
13. @Zezti - 5 Weasel Points
14. @Banksyefc - 5 Weasel Points
15. @Mosh Pit - 5 Weasel Points
16. @CrustySack - 5 Weasel Points
17. @Eggs - 5 Weasel Points
18. @jinkyali - 5 Weasel Points
19. @Caudy - 5 Weasel Points
20. @liamefc91 - 5 Weasel Points
21. @WA Toffee - 5 Weasel Points
22. @ggooggooggoo - 5 Weasel Points
23. @GrandOldTeam - 5 Weasel Points
24. @tommye - 5 Weasel Points
25. @COYBL25 - 5 Weasel Points
26. @butler_boy - 5 Weasel Points
27. @AsiaAsia82 - 5 Weasel Points
28. @killenefc - 5 Weasel Points
29. @Saint Domingo - 5 Weasel Points
30. @II McColl II - 5 Weasel Points
31. @mccole - 5 Weasel Points*
32. @bullybeef - 5 Weasel Points
33. @Lune1878 - 5 Weasel Points
34. @when i score we riot - 5 Weasel Points
35. @Pabbers - 5 Weasel Points

Some thoughts:

• Lots of nice new names on there this week. I am delighted to see Weasel Breeding continues on this upward trajectory.
  • @AndyC doing a quick-fire hattrick in there, incredible, wasn't expecting it.
  • Still no quality sightings of a couple of Perennial Weasels. But I've not given up hope.
  • We are so, so close to this list going into mayhem with @themole10 god status being bestowed. So close. Might even happen tonight, but that's the danger of print journalism I suppose.
As ever, it is the Weasel Hunters who do all the hard yards. This is simply a collection, a recording of their work.

Does Top Weasel win the Esk Cup?

It's obvious WRD has a source if not sources and the info is overall significantly more accurate than any journalist . I'd suggest any inaccurate stuff has more to do with the vagaries of the market . If you read football autobiographies there are loads of deals that are done and then fall through , whether gazumped, people simply changing their minds or whatever .

No point speaking about the manager, Walsh or their abilities in recruitment or player selection in the middle of the window.

Its a fluid situation, we have done well so far, but there is a hell of a long way to go.

We're not even finished the first third of it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back