Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe for one minute that we HAVE TO get top 4 next season. We might get top 4 if a couple of teams implode but we still have to build a better or equal team/squad to compete against Spurs, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool. If we can overtake one of them and get a bit closer to the others points wise then it will be a giant step that we can once again build on.

We are building a team to compete and it won't be easy against that lot so it's not a DO or DIE scenario but we have got to show improvement again.
There is no need for the dramatics of HE MUST DELIVER TOP 4 etc we just have to get much closer and if we do get top 4 then that will be a great result considering.

I don't believe for one minute that we HAVE TO get top 4 next season. We might get top 4 if a couple of teams implode but we still have to build a better or equal team/squad to compete against Spurs, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool. If we can overtake one of them and get a bit closer to the others points wise then it will be a giant step that we can once again build on.

We are building a team to compete and it won't be easy against that lot so it's not a DO or DIE scenario but we have got to show improvement again.
There is no need for the dramatics of HE MUST DELIVER TOP 4 etc we just have to get much closer and if we do get top 4 then that will be a great result considering.
Too logical mate, enough of this please.

TOP 4 OR THERE'S GONNA BE A MARCH LADS, KOEMANG OUT.

He needs to do more than that. You can challenge for top four without cash as Moyes and Martinez proved. Getting cash will mean he has to deliver that CL spot. Apparently he'll get money this summer so he has a point to prove next season.

I for one believe he's way out of his depth pushing the envelope and gambling for wins - which is what you require to get the points total required to take a top four spot. We'll have to improve by about 15 points next season to stand a good chance of a top four finish. On the evidence so far presented I cant see this feller having the ability to organise a team to get that improvement.

We'll see. The pressure will be on and he needs to deliver top four or a cup.

What a joke. You really think its like playing football manager. Teams like man city and chelsea already have much better players and can attract much better players. If you think with a couple of new signings we can compete with those teams you're delusional.

I agree. There's too much quality in the teams above us at the moment, quality that our money alone can't attract. We can't lure the kind of players who demand CL football, so we have to hope one or more of our signings turn out to be at that level. Top six is an absolute must, though.

He needs to do more than that. You can challenge for top four without cash as Moyes and Martinez proved. Getting cash will mean he has to deliver that CL spot. Apparently he'll get money this summer so he has a point to prove next season.

I for one believe he's way out of his depth pushing the envelope and gambling for wins - which is what you require to get the points total required to take a top four spot. We'll have to improve by about 15 points next season to stand a good chance of a top four finish. On the evidence so far presented I cant see this feller having the ability to organise a team to get that improvement.

The opening paragraph there is very fair in my opinion. Koeman will be judged on qualifying for the CL with the resources he has been given ultimately, maybe mitigated by a Cup.

That said that may be an incremental process like it was at City and Chelsea.

Too logical mate, enough of this please.

TOP 4 OR THERE'S GONNA BE A MARCH LADS, KOEMANG OUT.
Agreed.
Whilst our signings are an improvement for us, how many of them (included the potential one of Sig') would get in Chelsea, City or Spurs' team?
Ramirez - nope
Pickford - City?
Keane - Currently in City's but you'd imagine they will bring in another CB more experienced than Keane.
Klaassen - nope

As things stand, the RS are firmly in our sights but they could easily go and blow 100m on some good signings.

Next season a top 6 finish would be brilliantly because it would mean we have removed one of the current, huge spending top 6 from that Sky love-nest. Players would see that too and we could look to bring in even better next year.

Agreed.
Whilst our signings are an improvement for us, how many of them (included the potential one of Sig') would get in Chelsea, City or Spurs' team?
Ramirez - nope
Pickford - City?
Keane - Currently in City's but you'd imagine they will bring in another CB more experienced than Keane.
Klaassen - nope

As things stand, the RS are firmly in our sights but they could easily go and blow 100m on some good signings.

Next season a top 6 finish would be brilliantly because it would mean we have removed one of the current, huge spending top 6 from that Sky love-nest. Players would see that too and we could look to bring in even better next year.

Thats a bit harsh mate, maybe a better question would be, if they signed for one of those clubs would you be that surprised?

Thats a bit harsh mate, maybe a better question would be, if they signed for one of those clubs would you be that surprised?
Hmmmm - genuinely don't know mate!
If i may ask, out of those we've signed do you think any would get in the current top 3?

Agreed.
Ramirez - nope
Pickford - City?
Klaassen - nope

We have to buy players that are potentially better than those above us. We can't by proven ability because the teams above is will get those players. We therefore have to sign players with the potential to play for the teams above us. I think we are doing that.

Whatever happens, in 2017-18 he has to win a cup or get top 4. if he wins a cup he needs to at least be in 5th place but realistically close to top 4. It has to be a proper challenge with this investment, and it's fair nowadays to expect results in season 2 of your managerial contract.

jiJe7I.png

lollollol

If this ever came about there would be rioting over in east London.

The 'ammers would be fuming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back