Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
These new signings aren't going to take us up a level - what the actual hell are our manager and owners thinking?

I am super excited for Pickford. Klassen is decent at most. Meh.
health-beauty-psychiatrist-psychiatry-bed_wetter-therapy-shrink-rmcn2_low.webp

7th good enough for you next season again then?

Because that's the quality we are signing.
Christ your like a mini-davek. Are the players we are signing improving the squad? The answer is yes. We have finished 11th two seasons in a row and haven't won a trophy in 22 years, who do you expect us to sign because realistically we can't get world class players. We need to build towards becoming a top team.

7th isn't good enough next season but I can't see us finishing in the top 4, so for me, for next season to be succesful, we need to go deep in Europe and Cup competitions.

Christ your like a mini-davek. Are the players we are signing improving the squad? The answer is yes. We have finished 11th two seasons in a row and haven't won a trophy in 22 years, who do you expect us to sign because realistically we can't get world class players. We need to build towards becoming a top team.

7th isn't good enough next season but I can't see us finishing in the top 4, so for me, for next season to be succesful, we need to go deep in Europe and Cup competitions.
You sound like that lot across the park now. Deluded.

Look back at our most successful ever team, it was littered with players everyone thought was crap or finished when they first came here. Too many people are fixated with a player being a record breaking price or the best player in their position in the world, but that doesnt guarantee they will fit into or improve a team?

Can't believe people are whinging about this transfer window. Just no pleasing some people.

Each window has got more and more exciting. Last season signing Williams, Bolasie, Gaye etc...to this summer signing Pickford and Klaason. If Keane, Sandro and Sigurddson come off, Barkley stays and we get one more striker, then we've got a squad capable of challenging the top 4, not just the top 6.

People rave about City, United, Arsenal and Liverpool but they're all so inconsistent. Spurs are playing at Wembley which will definitely go against them considering last season they were unbeaten at the Lane.

I'd also like to see a decent left back signed - Baines looks like his best days are behind him. Pickford will be worth an extra 6-10 points alone! Exciting times. Quit the moaning lads and trust the Walsh and Koeman revolution!!!

How on earth are we a serious contender now? On what evidence?
You don't think we can be a serious top 4 contender? Really? We made a lot of progress last season and are building a better looking squad now, while Arsenal are going backwards, Liverpool I'm not buying into at all and that's not rivalry based, Spurs will struggle at Wembley, its not that far fetched to think we can push on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back