Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think we can be a serious top 4 contender? Really? We made a lot of progress last season and are building a better looking squad now, while Arsenal are going backwards, Liverpool I'm not buying into at all and that's not rivalry based, Spurs will struggle at Wembley, its not that far fetched to think we can push on
We won't get near top 4 with the signings we are going for next season.

Quote me on that.

You don't think we can be a serious top 4 contender? Really? We made a lot of progress last season and are building a better looking squad now, while Arsenal are going backwards, Liverpool I'm not buying into at all and that's not rivalry based, Spurs will struggle at Wembley, its not that far fetched to think we can push on

..I think it's a difficult one, we don't know how the new players will bed themselves in and dovetail into the RK team model. I think we need to manage expectation, especially if Barkley and Lukaku leave as it will take more than one window to complete the change. Indeed, we might go back before we go forward. Only time will tell but it's good to see the club going for it.

Did you purposefully miss the end of my sentence off? If we'd have sold Lukaku we would've had to get another striker in, (although before Lukaku we still finished higher up the leagues without a quality striker). How that would pan out- no idea, our midfield may've scored more. Probably Gabbiadini would have been forced over the line too.

No, I was merely pointing out that without Lukaku, we probably would not (of) have finished 7th, as you(and others) seem to think. I have (or I've) tried to make your response English whilst I am at it. Sorry to be pedantic, but I was addressing a commonly spouted view that we would have finished 7th without him, which I believe to be untrue.

If EFC had another striker, we may have finished higher, we may have finished lower, any discussion on that is pure speculation and one should not compare speculation to fact.

No, I was merely pointing out that without Lukaku, we probably would not (of) have finished 7th, as you(and others) seem to think. I have (or I've) tried to make your response English whilst I am at it. Sorry to be pedantic, but I was addressing a commonly spouted view that we would have finished 7th without him, which I believe to be untrue.

If EFC had another striker, we may have finished higher, we may have finished lower, any discussion on that is pure speculation and one should not compare speculation to fact.

You say that because he scored a lot of goals but if you take away the points his goals won us, as in the games he scored in, take those points off and we are still 7th. This is a mathmatical fact. Sunderland you could even say that chances are if he wasnt there we would of had another striker so still won anyway.
Dont get me wrong we will miss his goals but last season when we really needed him to score he didnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back