Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't get near top 4 with the signings we are going for next season.

Quote me on that.
That really is nonsense...and you can quote me on that.

Pickford is by your admission a top signing.
Klaasen is a gamble as is every other signing, but an experienced midfielder who has captained his team to the final of the Europa league is hardly a waste of time.
Sandro seems to be the steal of the season , his movement in a super talented Spanish under 21 team looks very promising and more importantly he seems to be a player who career is developing as he goes on rather than a player like Deulofeu who was so highly rated but less so now.
Keane, if it happens, is a 24 year old who has just broken into the full international set up and is clearly highly regarded by so many that he will still make 25m although in the last year of his contract.

After that I can't comment because I don't know who else is arriving.
The young lad Oneykuru ? is a purchase for the future.

You're so consistent Dave.....

Niasse - never a Martinez choice. I wont ever have that.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/ramiro-funes-mori.78362/page-466#post-4944583
Told you often enough: I was told from a very good source in the club that it was not a Martinez purchase. I never claim to be ITK not ever. Take it or leave it, it was just a one off bit of info I received, but that's why I remain 100% convinced Niasse was not down to him.

All others I have no doubt..including Kone!

So, as said: any signing made under Koeman is his. The buck always stops with the manager. He's got a very mixed record of decent and trash so far. I suggest he spends the Lukaku windfall a bit more wisely than he's spent the Stones windfall.

Told you often enough: I was told from a very good source in the club that it was not a Martinez purchase. I never claim to be ITK not ever. Take it or leave it, it was just a one off bit of info I received, but that's why I remain 100% convinced Niasse was not down to him.

So, as said: any signing made under Koeman is his. The buck always stops with the manager. He's got a very mixed record of decent and trash so far. I suggest he spends the Lukaku windfall a bit more wisely than he's spent the Stones windfall.

Index.

lollollollol

So who signed Niasse Dave?

Was it Bill, Bob? If it wasnt the manager who signed him, who was it?

As ive already said, Koeman hasnt signed a single player in his managerial career, hes ALWAYS worked with a DoF.

You say it like he was a bad buy?

He looked great on paper as a backup striker. Injuries did for him and he was never to show what he could really do for us.
Not the worlds worst decision when we got him, but terrible in hindsight.

we may have finished in top 6 a few times but were never challenging top 4.
seems you're the one that doesnt understand that

Yes we were. Even under Moyes outside that 4th season we were in the shake up: in 2007/08 we were 3 points off Liverpool in 4th place with 5 games to go. The 2013/14 season with 5 ganes to go we were 2 points ahead of Arsenal and in reach until about the last couple of games.

As said: that was off hardly any spending. If Koeman gets a bumper spend this summer I expect that challenge to get a lot closer than in the past - MINIMUM. If we dont get top four having spent big then it has to have been a couple of points off it in order to show he has what it takes.

What a joke. You really think its like playing football manager. Teams like man city and chelsea already have much better players and can attract much better players. If you think with a couple of new signings we can compete with those teams you're delusional.
Stop talking dirty..

You say that because he scored a lot of goals but if you take away the points his goals won us, as in the games he scored in, take those points off and we are still 7th. This is a mathmatical fact. Sunderland you could even say that chances are if he wasnt there we would of had another striker so still won anyway.
Dont get me wrong we will miss his goals but last season when we really needed him to score he didnt

Again, you are reading something I did not say .... I agree it is a mathematical fact that his goals alone did not secure us 7th, but his contribution to the team did. Is that simple enough for you? Dear Lord, one can but try.

And if my Aunt had doodahs she'd be my uncle.

Yes we were. Even under Moyes outside that 4th season we were in the shake up: in 2007/08 we were 3 points off Liverpool in 4th place with 5 games to go. The 2013/14 season with 5 ganes to go we were 2 points ahead of Arsenal and in reach until about the last couple of games.

As said: that was off hardly any spending. If Koeman gets a bumper spend this summer I expect that challenge to get a lot closer than in the past - MINIMUM. If we dont get top four having spent big then it has to have been a couple of points off it in order to show he has what it takes.
I honestly believe the signing of Pickford will gain us between 8 and 12 points next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back