Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does progress really mean? Has that to be a top 4 finish at all costs? Personally look at it a bit different. Even if we finish 7th with our point total higher and a lot closer to the top 6 team it could be seem as progress. If we finish 7th, 2 or 3 points behind the 4th or 5th team in the table, I'd see that as progress.

I'm in no doubt here how difficult breaking into the top 6 on a consistent basis will prove to be. Can't expect us challenging right away imo. Our neighbours have been trying to put that final piece of their jigsaw together for decades now. Hopefully we'll manage to find the solution to that puzzle a lot easier.

If we finish 7th but stay in the run for the top 6 places until the season end, I'd probably be satisfied for this season.

This forum is hilarious at times, come in here looking for transfer speculation and instead read about the concerns we have about our new £30 million goalkeeper (whom virtually all impartial observers have said is about the best keeper of his age they have ever worked with) BEFORE he has even played a single minute for our club???

Seriously if we signed Messi I reckon there would be fume in here because 'he's not the player he was'

"Just Pass it will yer, you greedy little Argie *¥€$€~$*

I find it amazing that some here STILL don't understand what Walsh does and why there is a need for a Director of Football. Amazing.

Do you not see someone play a few games and then form an opinion on their abilities?
Normally more than a few and with young players I like to consider bench,arks against those of a similar age. We have a whole season to assess Pickford on and there is a great stats breakdown here that would suggest he is a very good signing

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-jordan-pickford-worth-30m-we-check-the-stats

But hey lets base it on an U21 tournament instead in which he saved 2 penalties?

My overriding thoughts were that if Deulofeu stayed I could see Pickford picking up a few assists with his excellent distribution.

I have no idea who signed Niasse. I think it was murky and I wont go into it on here as GOT shouldn't be placed in that position.

On Koeman/Walsh: sorry, the manager carries the can. That's how it works in England and rightly so. If Koeman thinks he can brush any of his failure signings under the DoF mat like he might be able to do in that ale house league he managed in he can think again.

Bottom line - he's to blame for the failures in that respect as well as taking credit for the successes.

Okay so let me get this straight.

Martinez who was in total control of transfers, apparently had nothing to do with niasse signing. So is absolved of blame.

Koeman who works under a dof and as such only has imput on players. Has to take complete blame for all signings under his time as everton manager because thats the way the english game works?

Is that what you're saying? Because I'm a little confused here.

Looked hopeless for those two goals last night: they weren't difficult to save and he waved them in.

...and so it begins....

You'd better let the best goalkeeper we've ever had know that you think he's gash mate, as he was the big lads first choice when asked who we should bring in months ago. But I'm sure he'll bow down to your superior knowledge of the art of goalkeeping.

Moyes and Martinez were vastly more hands on, yes the process is still the same, the scouts find the players, in M&Ms case they probably went and had a look themselves, now its probably Steve Walsh going for a look while Ronny practices his backswing. I recall reading that Walsh makes funky little vids that he shows Koeman the players on and they make a decision based on that together.
I dont care what the process is: the buck stops always with the manager.

Steve Walsh is not going to be a cloak for Koeman to hide his poor signings behind.

Aye.

The boss is the one that gets the boot if results are not up to par.

100% the boss's fault if the side play rubbish.

Isnt it?
No mate, you excuse it by creating a narrative that the senior pros have all downed tools when we get beaten and it's therefore all their fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back