Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it there not much transfer news.

Anyway I'm going to support Everton the players, manager and the board.
Give new signings a chance to impress and the manager progress with the team. Im optimistic here I can't wait for the season to start regardless of who's in charge or playing.

I'm like that start of every season though.

COYB

The only reason you "don't care" is because it contradicts your steadfast hate for anything Koeman does. The process is the process whether you care or not.
We dont do that thing here in England mate. English football is not the continent. There's no finessing of burden of responsibility away from coach to DoF or chief scout.

If anything is bought at this club, Koeman owns the purchase. It goes on his CV and is a plus or minus in his column.

No. I wouldn't.

Ex players are not the font of all wisdom on football matters. If they were they'd all make good managers, and hardly any of them ever do.
The lad has been universally lauded in the game for his performances in the last year or so at Sunderland. The Mackems thought he was boss, and they watched him every week. But no, you know better Dave, as per.

Oh and btw becoming a great manager isn't just about having an eye for a player pal.

No, I was merely pointing out that without Lukaku, we probably would not (of) have finished 7th, as you(and others) seem to think. I have (or I've) tried to make your response English whilst I am at it. Sorry to be pedantic, but I was addressing a commonly spouted view that we would have finished 7th without him, which I believe to be untrue.

If EFC had another striker, we may have finished higher, we may have finished lower, any discussion on that is pure speculation and one should not compare speculation to fact.
There seems to be a belief that if Lukaku was not at the club last season we would have been playing with ten men.

If the player was missing there would be a replacement forward who would score some goals and maybe contribute in ways Lukaku didn't.

It is not to lessen or diminish the contribution of Lukaku or Baines or any player... but this argument always annoys me.

As a matter of interest, when was it you learned of this 'murky' deal with Niasse exactly and when did you share it on here?

I'm going to take a wild stab at it, and guess that it was after we'd all seen that he was absolutely gash......

Let me tell you what happened.

First of all he said "I think it was dodgy", then he made up the whole "I was told" story, I kid you not, thats how it played out, I will vault him to death if he denies it.

The lad has been universally lauded in the game for his performances in the last year or so at Sunderland. The Mackems thought he was boss, and they watched him every week. But no, you know better Dave, as per.

Oh and btw becoming a great manager isn't just about having an eye for a player pal.
lol

But ok...

Of more concern was Holgate's marking. (who bought him again?)

...Holgate has done ok for Everton as far as I can see. Perhaps other than a poor performance at Stoke he's been a decent, low risk addition to the squad. The mistakes you highlight particularly question his future as a CB but generally he's looking a decent bit of business.

Have we decided why Holgate keeps getting hooked yet?

Is it lack of fitness or just bad performances?

I'm not sold on Holgate. He doesn't contribute anywhere near enough playing on the right side.

As for his defending on that goal yesterday, I swear I saw him do the same thing on another corner England conceded against Slovakia. Near perfect replication.

He's big enough that with proper marking and timing of his jump he should be doing a lot better than he has on both occasions.

He's an inbetween player a bit like Galloway. Not productive enough out wide and a liability in the middle due to a lack of strength and assertiveness. He gets caught out on his positioning quite a bit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back