Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some reports from abroad appearing in the last hour suggesting we have made a bid for Mauricio Lemos, the central defender. Hope so, along with Keane, that would mean 2 new central defenders. Much needed.

he has been floating around the gossip and the forum for ages it feels.

I dont blame him for that. It was a reasonable effort for a first season. Not great but acceptable.

But next season it's down to business.

Everyone knows that mate, I dare say we might have a good shot at top 4 based on the fact that Spurs might have some issues adjusting to playing at Wembley all season, judging by their Euro form there this past season, Arsenal are at a point where they can and should be caught and overtaken, United still look a bit ropey, and that lot over the park still haven't addressed a couple of weak areas as yet. The only two teams well ahead imo are Chelsea and City. The fact we've been dealt a tough start, have an earlier start than most and, crucially have made signings early will stand us in good stead

I said so earlier. If we miss out it has to be by a couple of points, not the 15 we failed by this season just gone.
There can be no excuses this time. The board have backed the judgement of Walsh and koeman, in expenditure never afforded to an Everton manager before. I still think top 4 is out of our reach due to our starting position in terms of overall squad quality. However, there can be no repeat of the cup results of last year and I don't know about a couple of points (EL will take its toll) but we should be nearer to the top 4 than last year. Replicating our home form won't be easy, improving our away form should be.

You dont score goals in the top flight by being awful.

He is a pretty average player.

He isnt a striker anyway. Not an out and out one.
That's all he ever lined up at for Hull, at least when I watched. and ok I'll qualify it, he's awful at the premier league level, a few goals scored or not.

No. I wouldn't.

Ex players are not the font of all wisdom on football matters. If they were they'd all make good managers, and hardly any of them ever do.

Yeah only our greatest ever manager. Part of the holy trinity. Crap player him like.

Del Bosque, played over 400 GAMES for real Madrid, crap him

cruyff Crap
Beckenbauer crap
Guardiola also crap

Simeone and Conte say hi btw. As does ancelloti

So the current managers of city, bayern, athletico, Chelsea and Madrid, are former great players, between them they won four leagues last season, the champions league, and took up three of the four semi final places in the champions league Dave.

Crap though former great players turned managers.

4/5 to sign Moussa Dembele

5/1 to sign Andrew Robertson (who's he)

80/1 to sign Christiano Ronaldo (he's not good enough)

Strikers next season:

If we sell Lukaku and end up with Sandro, Giroud & a great prospect say a Dembele we would cover his goals and give us different ways to play especially away from home.

I also expect teams doing what they did in Martinez second season which is come and just literally sit there and say "break us down" someone like a Giroud would be brilliant option he's an excellent link forward.

I do believe this also indicates the need for a creative player with a great eye for a pass and not a Sigurdson for me.

Can't see Bertrand coming to us even if it is a step up he will be eyeing up Man City or the like.

Werner would be quality but he's an unknown in this league. Giroud and Werner would guarantee that Lukaku is replaced by a seasoned premier league player and a young understudy.

Wouldn't disagree with @davek here.
He's very underrated is bertrand. I've advocated him as a successor to baines for some time. Always been impressed by him, whenever I've seen him play. City are after mendy of Monaco (what a player he is) so I maybe wrong but I doubt they will be in for Bertrand.

Yeah only our greatest ever manager. Part of the holy trinity. Crap player him like.

Del Bosque, played over 400 GAMES for real Madrid, crap him

cruyff Crap
Beckenbauer crap
Guardiola also crap

Simeone and Conte say hi btw. As does ancelloti

So the current managers of city, bayern, athletico, Chelsea and Madrid, are former great players, between them they won four leagues last season, the champions league, and took up three of the four semi final places in the champions league Dave.

Crap though former great players turned managers.

Missed Joe Royle mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back