Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he not be linked with a move back too turkey ??

As for the mistakes...Bolasie had a solid start I'm. ..but that's not every ones opinion...

What I would like too hear is why you don't rate Lookman. The only thing I can see being picked on is his size...but that's so 1980s. He's young...but seems bright and pacey, sees the field well, good feet, good attitude
I dont dislike him. I just dont rate him at the moment. And the manager seems to be of that mind too otherwise he wouldn't have hooked him from the first team set up.

till a way to go to be classified as failed I accept, but he needs to prove himself and quick this season.

He has shown he can be a half decent top flight player* and our fans where a little too eager to gleefully jump the gun regarding him?

I don't think that's what you were looking for though?

*Please note I am NOT saying he is great, or even good but he is nowhere near as bad as some where painting him out to be.
He scored 4 goals in 17 appearances for Hull. If we were linked to a striker with that record today, fans would riot. He may not be the worst player of all time as some thought, but he's still awful.

And no, I just want Dave to admit if all signings are directly on Koeman now, even with a DOF, then all the signings when Martinez was here are on him, especially when we didn't have a DOF....At least that would show some consistency in an argument.

Can't blame him for being so far of top 4 last year, did really well to get top 7 when the squad was in such a mess
I dont blame him for that. It was a reasonable effort for a first season. Not great but acceptable.

But next season it's down to business.

I dont dislike him. I just dont rate him at the moment. And the manager seems to be of that mind too otherwise he wouldn't have hooked him from the first team set up.

till a way to go to be classified as failed I accept, but he needs to prove himself and quick this season.

I think towards the end of the season, Koeman protected him a little....for England's u20. ...he's of the build that he can get injured.

I know Koeman has said on several occasions that he has exceeded expectations...the lads 20.

I think Tom Davies will see less action this season due too a stronger squad...doesn't mean Koeman rates him any less

I do. The reason I didn't mention it is that he's already spent £36M on that last season so I cant imagine the board being too thrilled wanting to cough up another small fortune to correct their manager's mistakes.

We'll start with what we have on the wings. Maybe if Mirallas had his lazy arse kicked to the kerb we could buy again...but your Dutch mate gave him an extension up to about 2055 a few months ago so that isn't happening in a hurry.
Dear Lord.
1. Mirallas got a 3 year contract, and he's 29. Oh also, last year, Barkley 1 goal every 581 minutes. Kevin 1 goal every 520 minutes. Keep them both, but slating Kev when bigging up Barkley as someone who would walk into any team is wrong again.
2. The biggest chunk of change of the money spent on the wings is in a player who busted his knee, and performed well to that point. So because we signed a good player who got an injury no one could have predicted, we shouldn't invest more to ensure we're positioned even better when he gets back to health, if he ever does?

I'd move for Giroud and Werner. Throw what's left of the Lukaku and Barkley cash at it and then net spend in order to get:

a starting LB - maybe Bertrand
a CB - I wouldn't gripe about Keane, tbf

That could make a real difference to our season.

Can't see Bertrand coming to us even if it is a step up he will be eyeing up Man City or the like.

Werner would be quality but he's an unknown in this league. Giroud and Werner would guarantee that Lukaku is replaced by a seasoned premier league player and a young understudy.

Wouldn't disagree with @davek here.

Can't blame him for being so far of top 4 last year, did really well to get top 7 when the squad was in such a mess
This ironically is what gives me optimism for this season. We got 7th last year, with a very poor squad. Last years summer transfer window was a disaster (something we have learnt from judging by our moves this season) it left us short in many areas, then we lost bolasie to a season ending injury and it was only the introduction of Davies and schnerderlin in January that reversed our fortunes.
We have a lot of scope to improve in our squad unlike the clubs above us (with the exception of city, they.need an entire new defence). We have every reason to look forward to the forthcoming season with confidence.

He scored 4 goals in 17 appearances for Hull. If we were linked to a striker with that record today, fans would riot. He may not be the worst player of all time as some thought, but he's still awful.

And no, I just want Dave to admit if all signings are directly on Koeman now, even with a DOF, then all the signings when Martinez was here are on him, especially when we didn't have a DOF....At least that would show some consistency in an argument.

You dont score goals in the top flight by being awful.

He is a pretty average player.

He isnt a striker anyway. Not an out and out one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back