Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I live around Gent; I'd welcome the rain here. In the past weeks it has only rained for 2-3 days here. I want more rain. Don't know where you live but I'm guessing this is the first rain in weeks.
A month or two back, it was rumoured we were interested in the Croatian GK from Gent. Obviously nowt came of it (we got Pickford instead)...did I read somewhere the Croatian lad was prone to homesickness?

Wouldn't mind it being true if we buy him as an option alongside Lukaku, £17 million in today's market is fairly decent value. He'd never replace Rom's goals by himself though.

This is true but I dont think we should try and replace Roms goals with one man, but make the goals spread out. You go with one target man if he has a lazy stinker like Rom often did it was game over, for this reason I am happy for him to go and 2 go in, mybe even 3 of Walsh can find them

A month or two back, it was rumoured we were interested in the Croatian GK from Gent. Obviously nowt came of it (we got Pickford instead)...did I read somewhere the Croatian lad was prone to homesickness?

Was a fake rumour. It was already clear from the onset that he wouldn't be leaving (think I posted that also somewhere in here; but this topic is really hard to keep track off). He had already agreed to stay for 1.5 years. He isn't homesick or anything like that. Recently (26/06) he repeated this again:

"Maar ik heb Gent beloofd dat ik anderhalf jaar zal blijven en daar kom ik niet op terug. Ik voel me ook heel goed bij de club."

"Als ik nog beter presteer dit seizoen, zal er nog wel belangstelling komen. Ik wil dit jaar kampioen spelen met Gent. Bij Hajduk Split lukte dat niet, misschien wel met Gent. De kwaliteit is er alvast."

Translation: I promised Gent that I would stay 1.5 years and I am sticking to that. I feel very well in this club. If I perform even better this season, there is bound to be other interest (they asked him about Everton). I want to be champion this year (Editors note: haha good luck with that) with Gent. I couldn't do that with Hadjuk Split, maybe I can with Gent. The quality is there."

My concern is we don't have a proper mata, fabregas, ozil type of play maker in our team. It's a very strange setup now. We do have klaasen but his main strength running into the box, but who will provide all those passes for him and Lukaku?
Schneids maybe.

nothing from marca is credible, we're probably not interested in muriel but being used as a tactic by his agent to get seville to pay up

Muriel isn't a striker. Can play there of course but he isn't an out and out front man that can replace Lukaku. He can play on either wing, attacking midfield or as a support striker behind a main striker.

Very similar to Sandro actually. Muriel is very clever though and creative. Very good player.

Muriel isn't a striker. Can play there of course but he isn't an out and out front man that can replace Lukaku. He can play on either wing, attacking midfield or as a support striker behind a main striker.

Very similar to Sandro actually. Muriel is very clever though and creative. Very good player.
Never heard about him before yesterday but it's an interesting one. Maybe he's not seen as a possible Lukaku replacement but as an option to Sigurdsson?

This is true but I dont think we should try and replace Roms goals with one man, but make the goals spread out. You go with one target man if he has a lazy stinker like Rom often did it was game over, for this reason I am happy for him to go and 2 go in, mybe even 3 of Walsh can find them

Definitely agreed we can't replace Rom's goals with one fella but we'll definitely need to replace his presence up front and I don't believe Muriel is capable of that, looks like a guy who likes to buzz across the forwards line to me without having a settled role.

Never heard about him before yesterday but it's an interesting one. Maybe he's not seen as a possible Lukaku replacement but as an option to Sigurdsson?
Quite possibly Dutch but I'm a bit dubious about these Muriel links TBH.

On Sigurdsson, maybe we are actually looking for alternatives. Seems the price is going to be 40 million to tempt them to part with him. Not sure we'll go that high.

I wouldn't believe anything in the media, they will only be biased towards Chelsea anyway. You feel a price tag of between 70-80m to be right. Can I just ask you how many strikers in world football can guarantee you 20+ goals in the Premiership. The answer is not many. Hence why there is a premium to be paid for lukaku who guarantees this and has only just turned 24 with his best years ahead of him. Everton hold the aces, and the 'gentlemens agreement' will be activated when evertons asking price is met.

Diego Costa can score that many in our league and he will leave for Ath. Madrid for a fraction of what you and many others think Lukaku is worth and tbh I know who I'd want out of the 2!

Lacazette is going to Arsenal for over £50m and trust me, he will bang in over 20 goals in the league next season. Aubameyang is available for £60m plus and if someone got him he'd bang them in.

At end of the day Lukaku does score plenty of goals and it's what teams want, but at the very top level clubs want more and you need more than that and Lukaku falls short for me so isn't worth the fee that's being bandied about.

But that's just how I see it, that's my personal opinion. If it was just about goals we based ability on and value then Defoe would or should of played for a few top teams in his time cos he guaranteed goals. But best team he played for was Spurs and cos he was just about goals and didn't have much more to his game, he didn't always get regular games, or should I say starts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back