Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The £100m is just to scare people off, we would obviously sell for less than that. He won't go for under £80m though.

My personal opinion is that he'll wait and see what we do early in the window before he decides

But that's exactly how I see it and me saying he isn't worth it or he won't go for that is in my way trying to say what you just have aswell

I know it's a tactic to try and ward teams off. I was just saying I saw reports saying Chelsea were planning on offering just over £70m for Lukaku but it also said it would take over £80m to get him and I could see that tbh.

I don't think for one minute he will sign a new deal though...

Diego Costa can score that many in our league and he will leave for Ath. Madrid for a fraction of what you and many others think Lukaku is worth and tbh I know who I'd want out of the 2!

Lacazette is going to Arsenal for over £50m and trust me, he will bang in over 20 goals in the league next season. Aubameyang is available for £60m plus and if someone got him he'd bang them in.

At end of the day Lukaku does score plenty of goals and it's what teams want, but at the very top level clubs want more and you need more than that and Lukaku falls short for me so isn't worth the fee that's being bandied about.

But that's just how I see it, that's my personal opinion. If it was just about goals we based ability on and value then Defoe would or should of played for a few top teams in his time cos he guaranteed goals. But best team he played for was Spurs and cos he was just about goals and didn't have much more to his game, he didn't always get regular games, or should I say starts....

Nobody has any clue how Lacazette will cope in this league, same for Aubameyang, not everybody can score goals in this league.

Defoe hasnt played for a top team cos hes not a top player, hes scored over 20 goals only once in his 17 year career and that includes seasons in the Mickey Mouse NFL and The Championship.

Lukaku isnt just a goalscorer, properly motivated hes 1 of the best strikers in this league, totally unplayable when hes in the mood, but most people would be happy to trade him in for some joker from the SPL, SMFH.

But that's exactly how I see it and me saying he isn't worth it or he won't go for that is in my way trying to say what you just have aswell

I know it's a tactic to try and ward teams off. I was just saying I saw reports saying Chelsea were planning on offering just over £70m for Lukaku but it also said it would take over £80m to get him and I could see that tbh.

I don't think for one minute he will sign a new deal though...

2 year contract....world cup next summer. The ball is firmly the clubs court. Yes his price will reduce next summer as his contract reduces BUT the following factors may offset any loss:

Absurd player year on year inflation. This years 75 will be 100
He has a great World Cup
He helps us into CL

If it was my shout, I would be happy to sit tight and sell him next year, his goals will be invaluable and it sends out a stance and clear message that we are a club who are going places and the place to be.

I would keep him he is not going to sulk he wants to win things and the World Cup is next year. We have a much better chance of getting in to the top 4 with him and if we do get top 4 he could be persuaded to sign a new deal

Diego Costa can score that many in our league and he will leave for Ath. Madrid for a fraction of what you and many others think Lukaku is worth and tbh I know who I'd want out of the 2!

Lacazette is going to Arsenal for over £50m and trust me, he will bang in over 20 goals in the league next season. Aubameyang is available for £60m plus and if someone got him he'd blacazette ang them in.

At end of the day Lukaku does score plenty of goals and it's what teams want, but at the very top level clubs want more and you need more than that and Lukaku falls short for me so isn't worth the fee that's being bandied about.

But that's just how I see it, that's my personal opinion. If it was just about goals we based ability on and value then Defoe would or should of played for a few top teams in his time cos he guaranteed goals. But best team he played for was Spurs and cos he was just about goals and didn't have much more to his game, he didn't always get regular games, or should I say starts....
Fair enough mate. But it's not a given that those 2 strikers will score 20+ goals a season, especially lacazette, who has a 1 in 2 record in the French league. Aubameyang would score 20+ I think, but he is 28 and clubs might be prepared to pay 60m
I'll return to my original point, lukaku is proven in this league and has only just turned 24. Aubameyang is clearly a superior player to Rom, but at 28, he's got a max of 4 years left at the top. Lukaku (injury permitting) has got 8 years.

Also, arsed if his goal ratios "only 1 in 3". Not all forwards have to be unbelievable slotters, Firmino also has a 1 in 3 record for them a lot and he's a very good player for them.

That's the thing, I think people think that when we sell Lukaku or before we do we're going to have to sign a Lacazette or an Aubameyang type to make a statement and replace Rom and it isn't going to happen! Those kind of players will go to better teams.

We're gonna have to be smart and not get one player in that we think can get 20 league goals a season, although that's the aim, but 2 (besides Sandro) that are good players and fit what we're about under Koeman and that will chip in with reasonable amounts of goals for us.

Maybe the likes of Dembele and Muriel along with Sandro can more than replace Lukaku's goals?! If they get 10 a piece then they will won't they. Get a few more then that's even better.

After Everton entered the race for Sampdoria striker Luis Muriel, Marca claim Sevilla have stepped up negotiations.

The Colombia international is on the market and his release clause is €28m, but €22m plus bonuses could suffice.

So far, the Sevilla bid has hit a brick wall at €20m.

Over the last few days, it was reported in Italy that Everton were taking advantage of Sevilla hesitation and pushing themselves into contention.

This, according to Marca, frightened the Spaniards and prompted them to take action.

Muriel does seem to have his heart set on Sevilla, where he’d follow in the footsteps of fellow Colombian Carlos Bacca.

The 26-year-old hopes to complete the transfer next week.

Last season he scored 13 goals and provided nine assists in 33 games for Sampdoria.

The fact we aren't making offers on the same price scale of pickford, Keane and klaasen shows that we still don't know if lukakus going.

After Everton entered the race for Sampdoria striker Luis Muriel, Marca claim Sevilla have stepped up negotiations.

The Colombia international is on the market and his release clause is €28m, but €22m plus bonuses could suffice.

So far, the Sevilla bid has hit a brick wall at €20m.

Over the last few days, it was reported in Italy that Everton were taking advantage of Sevilla hesitation and pushing themselves into contention.

This, according to Marca, frightened the Spaniards and prompted them to take action.

Muriel does seem to have his heart set on Sevilla, where he’d follow in the footsteps of fellow Colombian Carlos Bacca.

The 26-year-old hopes to complete the transfer next week.

Last season he scored 13 goals and provided nine assists in 33 games for Sampdoria.

We're just intent on scaring everyone in Europe now. We didn't even want this lad. We didn't even want henry but we bought him anyway just because arsenal wanted him.

Sniderton!

Manolas seems to have gone on the missing list. I would love us to be all over that.

i kind of don't because it would make me feel angry we could have got him for half a mill, and instead have to pay £25m. Mustafi already annoys me enough, nevermind the apparent superstars like dzeko and hazard that i think moyes? apparently turned down when they were young.

Fair enough mate. But it's not a given that those 2 strikers will score 20+ goals a season, especially lacazette, who has a 1 in 2 record in the French league. Aubameyang would score 20+ I think, but he is 28 and clubs might be prepared to pay 60m
I'll return to my original point, lukaku is proven in this league and has only just turned 24. Aubameyang is clearly a superior player to Rom, but at 28, he's got a max of 4 years left at the top. Lukaku (injury permitting) has got 8 years.

With the way Arsenal play and with Ozil's eye for a pass and Lacazette's pace and movement, he will get plenty of goals, I've no doubts.

And Lukaku will get goals but where his back to goal game isn't all that, and he can be lazy and not work or move, when it comes to the big games for someone like Chelsea and games are tight and he's not getting the space to work or move in, is he gonna be the difference? I'm not sure he will be and at the fee reported you would expect him to be every bit the game changer. I mean, more often than not he's not really the game changer for us in the big games is he

Manolas seems to have gone on the missing list. I would love us to be all over that.

Roma defender Kostas Manolas has failed to turn up for a medical before a £30m move to Zenit St Petersburg.

The deal has been delayed because Manolas wants his wages to be paid in Euros instead of Roubles.

The Euro has historically been a more stable currency compared to the more volatile Rouble.

lollollol

i kind of don't because it would make me feel angry we could have got him for half a mill, and instead have to pay £25m. Mustafi already annoys me enough, nevermind the apparent superstars like dzeko and hazard that i think moyes? apparently turned down when they were young.
I know what you mean but that would be a great central defensive partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back