Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit RAWKish lad ;)

Likely that Lukaku is going to go. We'll get a huge fee but it's crucial we get replacements in.

Hopeful this will be sorted one way or the other by the time the Stoke game comes around.
Who is giving us the £100m for Lukaku?

If we got Virgil Van Dijk, I believe that we could challenge for the league title. I don't think that is saying anything stupid.

Of course it would mean that a £160m investment has been made, which is very unlikely.

I think the main thing that debunks this argument is that the four players we have brought in (not including Henry obvs) are simply players we needed anyway, regardless of Rom/Ross...

We needed a GK, we needed another attacking mid, we needed (at least) one CB and we needed another forward.

If we could go with the squad as it is now, with maybe one or two more in (i.e. full-back cover, wing cover etc) we'd be sorted.

But, ultimately, it's still up in the air as to exactly what will happen from now on in until the Rom deal is sorted.

True, I think most of this would have happened regardless (don't know exactly how much we can spend this year without FFP hitting us). And I'm sure we will spend at least some of the proceeds if and when Rom and Barkley go.

Still a far cry from the old days when we would have "valiantly" clung to the player until close to deadline day, then "reluctantly" let him go just in time to not be able to spend the money.

If we got Virgil Van Dijk, I believe that we could challenge for the league title. I don't think that is saying anything stupid.

Of course it would mean that a £160m investment has been made, which is very unlikely.

Chelsea will be, if Conte gets his way.

I also don't think we will be signing VVD mate.

Just my opinion on the second one like. But Conte really wants Rom. So we'll see.

I think Chelsea will pay £100m for Lukaku.

If we then bring in Giroud, Dembele, Rooney on loan and VVD we could realistically challenge for the title.

Lot to fall into place for that but we have put a very good young spine together in a matter of weeks. Any outgoings will be replaced with players who want to succeed here.

Exciting.

Imagine our ex-players piping up about their transfer business though the way they are about us? The double standards is amazing.

Yes, I agree.

But I have to say, from a pure PR perspective, that elusive marquee signing, i.e 50 mil +, we´ve been on about for a while now would do us a lot of good to bring us closer to the the top tier of the premiership. We might be splashing out for 25 mil for the likes Klaassen but City, Utd, Chelsea are still buying individual players for twice of three times that amount.

Pay 40 mil for Sigurdsen and get Rooney back in I say.

If we then bring in Giroud, Dembele, Rooney on loan and VVD we could realistically challenge for the title.

Lot to fall into place for that but we have put a very good young spine together in a matter of weeks. Any outgoings will be replaced with players who want to succeed here.

Exciting.

No, because we´d have just sold the 2nd best striker in the league to the team that won it last season.

We could perhaps challenge for top 4 though.

Exciting.

pigs-can-fly.png

Chelsea will be, if Conte gets his way.

I also don't think we will be signing VVD mate.

Just my opinion on the second one like. But Conte really wants Rom. So we'll see.

Very long shot but with whom we have bought so far and the chance to work with Koeman, a manager who has proven can get the best out of him, there is the possibility if we where interested.

Certainly a better bet than joining FC Big Stand and their gurning loon of a manager.

No, because we´d have just sold the 2nd best striker in the league to the team that won it last season.

We could perhaps challenge for top 4 though.

Absolutely no chance is Lukaku the 2nd best striker in the league. He is a goalscorer but can be nullified easily compared to the likes of Sanchez and Aguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back