Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Max Jacobs fella is a load of bull, either a fake account, or a guy pretending to be an agent by sticking a picture of a guy on his phone as profile pic.
Go through his tweets, not much substance etc, no agent type promotions etc etc.
Fair enough, just thought I'd share ;)

That would mean that we had 8/9 new first teamers!

Who from last year's team are you happy to retain mate ?

Lukaku who will be sold. I rate Morgan. Gana .davis (coleman and bolaise besic and mccarthy i havent included due to injury) id like to hang to barkley but he will be sold too. For me baines and williams will do for this season but both i feel have been poor and on the other side of a good age. I feel holgate is not a right back and our play suffers from him there even as a stop gap will seamus returns
He could make a fine centre back some day. . I dont rate barry as a starter and have my doubts of him being in the squad. I dont rate lennon. Mirallas is a squad player and a useful one. Dcl looks totally out of place out wide. So yes i still think we need 5 more to push for first 11. Thats if we want to get into top 6.

That's ridiculous. Don't get too carried away with the need for new faces when we still have some good players last season. Some people go crazy this time of year and see some money being spent and greed hits them.
Ridiculous? Did i say it has to be done this summer?????? We are a 7th placed team. I have that view as to challange for top 4 we will need another 5 new players to challange for starting 11. 3 if we kept rom and barkley. This is only with a view to getting or challenging for top 4 with thursday night football as well. Do you believe we can do that by bringing in 2 or 3 more if selling rom and barkley. You must have great faith in a team that over the years has failed to ever qualify for the group stages of the champions league. Cull and replace with quality. Ones team is determined by the quality on the bench. So yes 5 more quality signings. 3 if rom and barkley leave. Otherwise we better all be quite and b be happy with 7th next may.

SIGURDSSON BACK TO SPURS?

There's news of a very interesting market move from Sky Bet.

Gylfi Sigurdsson has been cut from 22/1 at the start of the day to 5/4 to return to Tottenham.

Everton are favourite to sign the Iceland international at 4/5 and he can be backed at 7/1 to remain with Swansea.

Sky Bet's odds on Gylfi Sigurdsson's future...
Spurs tweeted a video of his goals earlier today - a sort of 'on this day 5 years ago' sorta thing and that lead to a bunch of Spurs fans asking if he's resigned. Random but nothing more than that i think.

Just watched a video of that guilherme arana we have been linked with.
He strikes me as someone that would struggle in the prem, he seems to have very small legs.
He strikes me very much of the "new type" full back who runs alot, looks to leg it up and down quick, but dosent have much substance in terms of quality pass/crosses.
Maybe its just because i am used to having Leighton Baines as our fullback for years and years, but i love a fullback who has a wand of left foot, not a hit it in and hope left foot

lol

Width, wide, wingers. Please.

I don't think we will play with any next season, probably play 5-3-2 or 5-2-2-1. The proper wingers, like Lennon, will probably only get a game if the 5 at the back is not working and we are chasing the game, the others like Bolasie and Mirrallas will probably play more centrally in the "inside forward" / inverted winger or Attacking Midfielder positions. It depends on who we sign, but with the likes of Josh King, Wayne Rooney and Andre Grey linked I could possibly see us going to 4-3-3, with a front 3 of Sandro, Giroud, Rooney

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?58437-Premier-League-Rival-Transfers#.WVuGr3PTXqA

About 5 of the 8 pages here are Southampton fans convincing themselves they have better players than the ones we signed lol
Realistically speaking
Pickford- most teams bar spurs, man utd, Stoke, chelsea
Keane- only spurs have two definitive better cb's
Klassen- man city, Chelsea, spurs I would say he wouldn't be in the first choice 11
Sandro- everyone below us he would walk into the starting 11.

Load of bollicks this crap player buys thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back