Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
now Talksport have had had Didi Hamann tell RS fans that there's nothing to be worried about. They're going to lot of effort, wheeling out ex players etc just to tell their fans who have already said they aren't worried about us in thousands tweets that there is no reason to worry. They really aren't worrreid by us at all.................... honestly

More than likely. win Stoke, pick a draw up and even if we only turn over one of those supposedly bigger teams, we then hit a nice run. Obviously we could 'everton that' the whole thing up. However, It can't be underestimated how important getting these signings done by pre season start is.

absolutely, especially with Europa games peppered into that start too...it'll get everyone match fit early if nothing else

Any word on who is going to buy Niasse?

If we can get £8m for Cleverley (plus a loan fee) and then £4.5m for McGeady, surely we can get close to the £13m we paid for Niasse?

I do not even remotely hate anyone in our squad anymore:

Beagrie-Alexandersson-Thomsen-Farrelly-Pistone-Simon Davies-Phil Neville-Beckford-Cleverley-McGeady-Niasse

There has always been at least one. What a time to be alive!
How the hell can you hate Peter Beagrie?

More than likely. win Stoke, pick a draw up and even if we only turn over one of those supposedly bigger teams, we then hit a nice run. Obviously we could 'everton that' the whole thing up. However, It can't be underestimated how important getting these signings done by pre season start is.
Having competitive EL matches early in the season could nean we reach match fitness levels soomer than our peers which may give us an edge in some of these early games. It could make a difference. We've also got our new players in early. Probably not a bad time go be playing these teamsin my opinion.

now Talksport have had had Didi Hamann tell RS fans that there's nothing to be worried about. They're going to lot of effort, wheeling out ex players etc just to tell their fans who have already said they aren't worried about us in thousands tweets that there is no reason to worry. They really aren't worrreid by us at all.................... honestly

..until we present a challenge to them on the pitch I wouldn't be worried either. They beat us twice last season, we looked some way off them. I'm chuffed with what we're doing but I'm not smug. As I said earlier, the critical success factor is what the players do collectively on the pitch. The signs are good but only time will tell.

Just watched a video of that guilherme arana we have been linked with.
He strikes me as someone that would struggle in the prem, he seems to have very small legs.
He strikes me very much of the "new type" full back who runs alot, looks to leg it up and down quick, but dosent have much substance in terms of quality pass/crosses.
Maybe its just because i am used to having Leighton Baines as our fullback for years and years, but i love a fullback who has a wand of left foot, not a hit it in and hope left foot

We needed reinforcements regardless of Rom. I'm like to add Dembele to the ranks though. Starting to get plenty of attacking options which we haven't really had for a while.

This Max Jacobs fella is a load of bull, either a fake account, or a guy pretending to be an agent by sticking a picture of a guy on his phone as profile pic.
Go through his tweets, not much substance etc, no agent type promotions etc etc.

I'm in agreement there. Signings made this early give us a slight edge over others that wait until the end. Plus we have the benefit of the early Europa games to get us into the flow a little sooner (I think they're a positive, not a hindrance). Very tough start though. Gonna be interesting to see our reaction if we don't pick up wins from those games.

Oh, and enjoy yer gig mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back