Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...whilst (almost) everybody is rightly positive about our transfer activity and complimentary about Koeman, Walsh, Kenwright et al for not only identifying targets but for making the deals happen, I think a reality check is wise.

Carragher mischievously tweeted yesterday that none of our new signings would get a game for the Reds. Whilst that met with outrage from some, it is a moot point and one that should not be immediately dismissed.

Whilst it's difficult bringing in the players you want, the real challenge is bringing in players who turn out to be successful. It's ultimately how a manager will be judged. So far so good, but only time will tell if the window is a success.

Agreed but it's also about building a team and a system. The RS have no real record of doing that - even under Klip Klopp. Last season while Coutinho was out they were bang average and lost to several lower clubs. Pretty much the same when Stevie G Laaaar was around. They are rarely a cohesve team and generally only come to life when their 'stars' decide to turn up. That said they always seem to raise their game against the 'Big 4'.

...whilst (almost) everybody is rightly positive about our transfer activity and complimentary about Koeman, Walsh, Kenwright et al for not only identifying targets but for making the deals happen, I think a reality check is wise.

Carragher mischievously tweeted yesterday that none of our new signings would get a game for the Reds. Whilst that met with outrage from some, it is a moot point and one that should not be immediately dismissed.

Whilst it's difficult bringing in the players you want, the real challenge is bringing in players who turn out to be successful. It's ultimately how a manager will be judged. So far so good, but only time will tell if the window is a success.

Pickford was in Carra's team of the season.
Keane was wanted at Man U, and chose our project over theirs (guarantee of place in wc year probably a big factor).
Sandro was wanted by athletico. As far as I'm concerned athletico>Liverpool
Klassen, yeah not sure as not sure what role he plays.

Carra is just trying to mix it up - all four would be in his matchday squad. That's a certainty.

This is so true.
Don't get me wrong, my head is boosting about the signings, the throwing of cash, the twitter bantz and the belittlement of Mutant Club and Massive Stand United. I'm really enjoying this moment.

That said I hope that when the season begins, we manage our own expectations. Nothing worse than a gang of bells give it it the big "I am" only to be made to look ridiculous. Let's enjoy the moment while keeping it classy, San Diego.

Twitter so funny, everyone is talking about us an bitching, saying things like, we only signed crap players and were not gonna challenge the top 6 and there not worried or bothered by us, there only spending the Lukaku money..... yet they feel the need to tweet about us? Worried and Jealous... I think so

Twitter so funny, everyone is talking about us an bitching, saying things like, we only signed crap players and were not gonna challenge the top 6 and there not worried or bothered by us, there only spending the Lukaku money..... yet they feel the need to tweet about us? Worried and Jealous... I think so

Exactly the same as when City suddenly started throwing money about.
They are all dazed and confused and it is hilarious.

Got some free time travelling up from Tenby to old Trafford to watch radiohead tonight (long story), not really had any reception for 3 days, so just catching up with news. Wow. The whole media perception of us is very positive atm. We start the season well and these players settle in quickly and the whole narrative of our club changes. I think this is important too as it feeds in to the players heads (like a self fulfilling prophecy). Keep saying it, OK whisper, we might just be back! COYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back