Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...whilst (almost) everybody is rightly positive about our transfer activity and complimentary about Koeman, Walsh, Kenwright et al for not only identifying targets but for making the deals happen, I think a reality check is wise.

Carragher mischievously tweeted yesterday that none of our new signings would get a game for the Reds. Whilst that met with outrage from some, it is a moot point and one that should not be immediately dismissed.

Whilst it's difficult bringing in the players you want, the real challenge is bringing in players who turn out to be successful. It's ultimately how a manager will be judged. So far so good, but only time will tell if the window is a success.
Pickford and Keane would be in there starting line up, 100%

Europa qualifier looming 27th ?
We could be minus our 3 main attackers by then Lukaku , Valencia & Kone !
Cant see us just going with. DCL & Sandro ( who is due extra time off ) I think its a priority right now .
IMO 1/ 2 forwards in the next week or 2.

I'm not sure I can cope with much more!

...whilst (almost) everybody is rightly positive about our transfer activity and complimentary about Koeman, Walsh, Kenwright et al for not only identifying targets but for making the deals happen, I think a reality check is wise.

Carragher mischievously tweeted yesterday that none of our new signings would get a game for the Reds. Whilst that met with outrage from some, it is a moot point and one that should not be immediately dismissed.

Whilst it's difficult bringing in the players you want, the real challenge is bringing in players who turn out to be successful. It's ultimately how a manager will be judged. So far so good, but only time will tell if the window is a success.
There's no guarantee that the business we have done will be successful, but for the first time in decades we are at least trying to make the next step. For years we keep talking like we are a big club and only now are we acting like one.. with the players we have signed and are still linked with I don't think we will have one fixed system..I can see us playing many different formations, depending on who we play. I don't see us playing the same 11 for more than 2-3 consecutive games

Keane would waltz into their starting 11. They wanted to sign him but he knocked them back. It was always between us and Man United.
United would have signed him still but the path to be the focal point of our defence here and to work with Koeman won the day.

I think he will be brilliant for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back