Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, i believe they are trying to get everyone they can in before pre season starts

That would be fantastic wouldn't it if we could.

I won't be surprised if it does go a little quieter now as I think Pickford, Keane, Klaassen were deffo priority signings for Ronald, Sandro was a big bonus with Atletico band being upheld.

But who knows, would be nice if we quietly and efficiently continued our aggressive recruitment drive and got everyone in asap

Red heads falling off all over twitter thanks to Phil McNulty who has just said that more spending is expected at EFC, we're not spending the Lukaku money and aren't looking to sell him unless our valuation is met - and if it is that money will also be invested back into the team.
Reds not having it at all!

That would be fantastic wouldn't it if we could.

I won't be surprised if it does go a little quieter now as I think Pickford, Keane, Klaassen were deffo priority signings for Ronald, Sandro was a big bonus with Atletico band being upheld.

But who knows, would be nice if we quietly and efficiently continued our aggressive recruitment drive and got everyone in asap

McCnulty has said that he expects the spending to continue mate, and added that whats happening was not dependant at all on the Lukaku situation, he added this at the end as well
And the likelihood is that if Lukaku does leave there will be further heavy re-investment by Everton.

So, uh, what next eh lads? Sigurdsson can go drop off the earth, Cuco Martina seems nice and cheap, Wazza is at best an expensive coach and Andre Gray? Please.

Feel like i'm waiting for that marquee signing. And please not Giroud.

...whilst (almost) everybody is rightly positive about our transfer activity and complimentary about Koeman, Walsh, Kenwright et al for not only identifying targets but for making the deals happen, I think a reality check is wise.

Carragher mischievously tweeted yesterday that none of our new signings would get a game for the Reds. Whilst that met with outrage from some, it is a moot point and one that should not be immediately dismissed.

Whilst it's difficult bringing in the players you want, the real challenge is bringing in players who turn out to be successful. It's ultimately how a manager will be judged. So far so good, but only time will tell if the window is a success.

...whilst (almost) everybody is rightly positive about our transfer activity and complimentary about Koeman, Walsh, Kenwright et al for not only identifying targets but for making the deals happen, I think a reality check is wise.

Carragher mischievously tweeted yesterday that none of our new signings would get a game for the Reds. Whilst that met with outrage from some, it is a moot point and one that should not be immediately dismissed.

Whilst it's difficult bringing in the players you want, the real challenge is bringing in players who turn out to be successful. It's ultimately how a manager will be judged. So far so good, but only time will tell if the window is a success.

Carra was made to look instantly foolish with that though mate as he included Pickford in his team of the season

The actual way to judge a player is to compare them against the players opponents got 'at the time they got them' - rather than compare them against what they are rated as now.

Red heads falling off all over twitter thanks to Phil McNulty who has just said that more spending is expected at EFC, we're not spending the Lukaku money and aren't looking to sell him unless our valuation is met - and if it is that money will also be invested back into the team.
Reds not having it at all!
link mate?

Yep, we're investing in potential which is what we have to do given our position. Finished articles won't come to us yet. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Tottenham style situation where we see that not all these signings will be a success or will at least take a while to be so.

i fully expect Rom to leave but the 'they're just spending the Lukaku money' argument is stupid. We haven't got the Lukaku money and between now and us agreeing a fee with someone he could break a leg, change his mind, anything could happen to prevent that deal from happening.
People are use to us being sell to buy and it's taking people a while to get use to the fact we no longer are. We have a billionaire owner who's also an accountant and I'm sure he know you don't spend money you don't have i.e. Lukaku fee. There no guarantee he will be sold

Was listening to Talksport on the commute home just to hear if they'd be positive about us for once and it was odd. It's like they were trying to be nice about us but couldn't help reverting to type and belittling us..... "Great summers business and the top 6 should be worried" quickly followed by "they're spending the Barkley and Lukaku money and won't replace them so are they any better really"

I stopped listening to Talksport a while back because I couldn't stand any more of that false polarity. Toss a coin to see who says white and who says black and we'll keep saying it for the next two hours.

Do we reckon it will go a bit quieter now for a bit, before a big rush again nearer the end of the window?
Europa qualifier looming 27th ?
We could be minus our 3 main attackers by then Lukaku , Valencia & Kone !
Cant see us just going with. DCL & Sandro ( who is due extra time off ) I think its a priority right now .
IMO 1/ 2 forwards in the next week or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back