Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed that a lot of fans from other clubs belive we are spending 150 million to just cement 7th place and is fruitless
Who cares what they think? A lot of them also think that their club is bigger than Everton. What we're doing at the moment is laying a solid foundation of hard working, hungry and ambitious players. Maybe it's indeed to cement that 7th place. The answer to that we'll be getting in May. Anyway, even if nothing else, at least we have that solid basis to build upon next season

Was listening to Talksport on the commute home just to hear if they'd be positive about us for once and it was odd. It's like they were trying to be nice about us but couldn't help reverting to type and belittling us..... "Great summers business and the top 6 should be worried" quickly followed by "they're spending the Barkley and Lukaku money and won't replace them so are they any better really"

Wonder if anything will come of Walshs trip to italy....

More than going for 'specific' players, I think Walsh's trip was more to open lines of dialogue etc with several Italian clubs, perhaps to utilise further down the line (either in this window, or later).

One player that was mentioned yesterday is Zapata. We're clearly interested (our scout confirmed this), and Napoli seem willing to sell for the right price. Supposedly, we're in talks, though I'm not sure how reliable - if at all - the publication that posted it is.

If he came in, along with an experienced PL goalscorer (more likely to be Rooney than Giroud IMO), we'd have a real mix up top in the likely event Lukaku leaves.

Do we reckon it will go a bit quieter now for a bit, before a big rush again nearer the end of the window?
The only player i can see coming in over the next few weeks if a loan deal can be agreed is Rooney but other than that i think you're right. Gylfi may be next on the list but Swansea will hold out as long as they can and anything after him will probably depend on Ross and Rom's futures.

Was listening to Talksport on the commute home just to hear if they'd be positive about us for once and it was odd. It's like they were trying to be nice about us but couldn't help reverting to type and belittling us..... "Great summers business and the top 6 should be worried" quickly followed by "they're spending the Barkley and Lukaku money and won't replace them so are they any better really"
To be fair, I thought Darren Gough sounded well impressed, even if we lose Ross and Rom. Imagine how he'll react when they both sign a new 5 year deal. Operation 'pull the wool over there eyes' will be complete.

Sounds like a lot of people on here to be fair...

Who cares what they think? A lot of them also think that their club is bigger than Everton. What we're doing at the moment is laying a solid foundation of hard working, hungry and ambitious players. Maybe it's indeed to cement that 7th place. The answer to that we'll be getting in May. Anyway, even if nothing else, at least we have that solid basis to build upon next season

Exactly

This is a marathon not a sprint

Koeman is laying a solid foundation which we can hopefully build on for many seasons to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back