Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am sure teams will be even more defensive when they come to Goodison next season, treating us like going to any of the top 6.

This for me highlights the need for someone to can pick defences open for us, be great watching us wear down teams with pace and power but some teams will just be too defensively organised next season, adding that bit of vision and creativity will be vital.

To
Why aren't we using the phrase 'Number 10' anymore lads? Is it out of fashion now? Are there more peng words which I need to be using instead?

To many variations. A 10.1 being a typical second forward supporting the main striker. The 10.2 tends to drop a bit deeper and is more like an advaced cetral mid player. The 10.3 an 10.4 are very similar with the 3 prefering to sit just inside of the right winger position and the 10.4 on the opposite side. The 10.5 is better known as the false 10. Very similar to a false 9 bit with a different shirt number. Then you have good old 10.6 he likes to press the ball the role is better known as headless chicken.

Need a proper playmaker.

Agree, our midfield has goals and defensive strength in abundance what we don't have is someone to create.

A primed Arteta wouldn't go amiss right now.

Drop Mata in somewhere and am a happy man.

I am sure teams will be even more defensive when they come to Goodison next season, treating us like going to any of the top 6.

This for me highlights the need for someone to can pick defences open for us, be great watching us wear down teams with pace and power but some teams will just be too defensively organised next season, adding that bit of vision and creativity will be vital.

..I agree but I wonder if a 'proper' playmaker and striker will be rigorously pursued once the futures of Barkley and Lukaku become clear.

There is a world class playmaker in this league who is not playing regularly. In fact not even in his manager starting eleven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back