Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone my first post I just like to put my two cents worth in on the Wayne Rooney situation .

I see like this everybody knows that Lukaku is going to leave Everton this summer and we need a replacement . But there is no way that we will be able to replace like-for-like because Lukaku is our only truly world-class player in the squad . Don't get me wrong we have amazing squad now

And the two reasons we can't replace like-for-like are as follows one we need the money to fill all the holes in the squad that we had last year to stop players like Calvert-Lewin from playing out left , not to say that I don't think he had a big future with the club

And two there is no way we will be able to go out and spend the money that Man United are going to spend on that bloke from Real Madrid forget its name because we would never be able to compete with them for he's signature . I see it this way if we get Wayne Rooney and Olivier Giroud I see that as ample striking quality to replace the goals Will lose from selling Lukaku also gives us some money to get in a pricey inside forward and a new left back

Also raises our profile know end bring in two Big name premiership players helping us getting Big high-profile players in the long run

What a squad this is turning out to be, I would like to see another defender, I'm sure Rom is going hence looking at Wayne and Giroud on their way, I expect we are waiting it out for a big offer for Rom but imagine if he stayed with Ross, the amount of competition for places will be immense.

I thought Newcastle and Liverpool fans are deluded but I've just sat in a pub listening to a West Ham fan tell me that he honestly believes they are going to swoop him and take Lukaku whilst Chelsea and United dither about.
If dey gots da money, he can go.

Still here (lerking), still to be proven wrong, both still at the club!
A thread cruelly shut down by the mods, with no better info, silenced by the powers at be.
Maybe I had more info on Pickford, Klaassen, Sandro, Keane and a.n.other before they were public, sadly you will never know.

Fight on brother

What a squad this is turning out to be, I would like to see another defender, I'm sure Rom is going hence looking at Wayne and Giroud on their way, I expect we are waiting it out for a big offer for Rom but imagine if he stayed with Ross, the amount of competition for places will be immense.[/QUO

Not much mobility in that forward line

What a squad this is turning out to be, I would like to see another defender, I'm sure Rom is going hence looking at Wayne and Giroud on their way, I expect we are waiting it out for a big offer for Rom but imagine if he stayed with Ross, the amount of competition for places will be immense.

All about options within the squad, would still like to see an absolute wow signing.

Maybe the best at the moment would be Rooney or could he be a lure for others.

A real statement signing near the end of the window would do nicely.

Hi everyone my first post I just like to put my two cents worth in on the Wayne Rooney situation .

I see like this everybody knows that Lukaku is going to leave Everton this summer and we need a replacement . But there is no way that we will be able to replace like-for-like because Lukaku is our only truly world-class player in the squad . Don't get me wrong we have amazing squad now

And the two reasons we can't replace like-for-like are as follows one we need the money to fill all the holes in the squad that we had last year to stop players like Calvert-Lewin from playing out left , not to say that I don't think he had a big future with the club

And two there is no way we will be able to go out and spend the money that Man United are going to spend on that bloke from Real Madrid forget its name because we would never be able to compete with them for he's signature . I see it this way if we get Wayne Rooney and Olivier Giroud I see that as ample striking quality to replace the goals Will lose from selling Lukaku also gives us some money to get in a pricey inside forward and a new left back

Also raises our profile know end bring in two Big name premiership players helping us getting Big high-profile players in the long run

I agree with most of that. Except the it about Rom being world class. He is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back