Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going for a world class sort of transfer fee...?

He was our best player at the club hands down at least

Yeah that's kind of what I mean he may not be world-class compare it to somebody like Ronaldo but The press have built him up so that he believes he is a world-class player and will get us a world-class transfer fee

Just going for a world class sort of transfer fee...?

He was our best player at the club hands down at least

He might of been our best player last season, but that doesn't make him world class. A world class fee? I guess so, but in todays market I don't think fees really mean much.

Rom has been terrific for us, and I don't mean to downplay his contribution and goals. But he isn't world class. That term gets thrown around left, right and centre.

They could easily do it this week as people won't be that bothered as we've made some signings already. I don't mind him coming in as we'll need right back cover
We already have Kenny, Holgate , Pennington and even Davies as RB cover
Badly stuck for LB cover as Galloway is going on loan.
I'd like to see Tierney or Robertson come in

He might of been our best player last season, but that doesn't make him world class. A world class fee? I guess so, but in todays market I don't think fees really mean much.

Rom has been terrific for us, and I don't mean to downplay his contribution and goals. But he isn't world class. That term gets thrown around left, right and centre.
I agree
If you are are picking a world 11 Rom would not make a six man bench

- BBC journalist, Richard Askam, says the Lukaku camp favor a move to Manchester United over Chelsea.
Which means Chelsea really don't want to pay the astronomical asking price for Rom so we are linking him with one of their Rivals, who are happy to be linked with him because it give the impression to Real Madrid they are exploring options because they don't want to pay the astronomical asking price for Morata

- The Metro reckon Pochettino wants Ross Barkley at Spurs but will not pay the asking price of £50m.
How is this even news? I'm sure Lord Ron of the Koemen would want Ronaldo and Messi at Everton but won't pay the asking price of twice the porst Brexit value of theUK economy. Why is that not in the papers??

It's exciting to think that the transfers we've done so far will be offset by the sales of Lukaku, Del and Cleverly, leaving us to spend whatever we get if McCarthy, Barkley and/or Niasse get sold, plus whatever budget for transfers we already had. Money really isn't an issue.

It's exciting to think that the transfers we've done so far will be offset by the sales of Lukaku, Del and Cleverly, leaving us to spend whatever we get if McCarthy, Barkley and/or Niasse get sold, plus whatever budget for transfers we already had. Money really isn't an issue.
Buy to sell!

Rooney/Sigurdsson/Giroud...

...that has a jaded and irrational feel to it, tbh.

Sign one and it's a good addition to the squad. Sign two or three and the dynamic changes.

We dont need Rooney; he's got no pace left and we cant play him further back as we are well catered for in CM.
Sigurdsson is a player I admire, but maybe alongside a different forward than Giroud.
Giroud would be a great stand alone purchase if we got a quality crosser of the ball in out wide.

Having them all together would be off the charts ridiculous. They'd all want starting places, and anyone with a passing knowledge of the game and with the ability to project ahead can see how it doesn't fit together.

Sign one and it's a good addition to the squad. Sign two or three and the dynamic changes.

We dont need Rooney; he's got no pace left and we cant play him further back as we are well catered for in CM.
Sigurdsson is a player I admire, but maybe alongside a different forward than Giroud.
Giroud would be a great stand alone purchase if we got a quality crosser of the ball in out wide.

Having them all together would be off the charts ridiculous. They'd all want starting places, and anyone with a passing knowledge of the game and with the ability to project ahead can see how it doesn't fit together.

Sigurdsson and Giroud could work, similarly to Sigurdsson and Llorente at Swansea.

I don't see Giroud and Rooney working well whatsoever. Rooney and Ibrahomic showed how 2 players with zero pace didn't work.

I think we need certain players to play a certain way. All of the above are proven premier league players and if Rooney can find some sort of form it's a no brainier. Giroud and Siggy have obvious strengths and automatically envolk some reservations.

I'd take all 3 in a heartbeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back