Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said: Sigurdsson or Giroud would do. I just fear that lack of explosive pace in this team, because it looks like a slower Klaassen is taking Barkley's place also.

When Bayern had just Mandzukic upfront, tell me where their explosive pace came from and how it helped destroy teams..

That's part of my reservations too. As said, it'd look jaded.

Think back to when we had Lukaku/Mirallas/Barkley/Deulofeu counter attacking three seasons ago and it'd be a backward step to that.

If we did bring in all 3 Dave, guarantee we will add a very fast forward as well in the mix, genuinely think Koeman wants options - which ultimately is a very good thing if handled correctly

BTW - reckon we will look at bringing in a left back like Tierney soon also

When Bayern had just Mandzukic upfront, tell me where their explosive pace came from and how it helped destroy teams..
They had loads of quality players in and around him like Robben and Ribery and Mueller.

Quite obviously we dont have that.

...but we cant limit our game to that strategy. It's utterly predictable.

Klassen is a player who would be at his best with a target man to play off mate, obvious really looking at the way he plays, gets in the box etc and his interplay is very good, Sandro does have pace, also seems a very good link up player also

But you don't need 'quick' players to play with pace.

It's all about moving the ball well and swiftly.

We've had 'quick' players for the last few years, yet played like slugs at times.

Also, it depends how we'll set up.
I get what you mean, but that's not really true.

You can move the ball as quickly as you want, but if you don't have quick players to get ahead of the ball you end up going nowhere. I think Dave's reservations are valid, I would have no problem with any of those players coming in individually, but the three of them together would look a rather lethargic unit in my opinion. If we were able to keep Lukaku, or bring in a Batshuayi/Dembele type player to replace him and have those three then we would have the sort of attacking options that should be able to cause any defence problems.

If we did bring in all 3 Dave, guarantee we will add a very fast forward as well in the mix, genuinely think Koeman wants options - which ultimately is a very good thing if handled correctly

BTW - reckon we will look at bringing in a left back like Tierney soon also
It's required, because all bad feeling toward Baines left aside it is a GLARINGLY weak position.

Rooney/Sigurdsson/Giroud...

...that has a jaded and irrational feel to it, tbh.

Sign one and it's a good addition to the squad. Sign two or three and the dynamic changes.

We dont need Rooney; he's got no pace left and we cant play him further back as we are well catered for in CM.
Sigurdsson is a player I admire, but maybe alongside a different forward than Giroud.
Giroud would be a great stand alone purchase if we got a quality crosser of the ball in out wide.

Having them all together would be off the charts ridiculous. They'd all want starting places, and anyone with a passing knowledge of the game and with the ability to project ahead can see how it doesn't fit together.
i agree mate; you know your football, no doubt about that. But, I think you are investing too much currency in cheap rumour and heresay.
I appreciate you (and most GOTers) are excited, but let's just hold our horses eh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back