Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at least two will be correct. Unfortunately one will be Rooney...which would have been great a season or so ago but now looks like a panic Kenwright signing.
Yes both Koeman and Walsh said they want him.

Yet he's 31 but I have faith he will be class for us. He still knows where the net is and has great control, he's better then Kone and Niassie

I am a little bemused that so many people think Giroud is likely to come to Everton. Imo it is very unlikely

I'm struggling to believe this one too.

Of all our mad moves this summer this would be the maddest and really show me that things may actually have changed.

People might not like him, and that's fair enough, but he's a pretty big name, starts for France on the regs, and is the sexiest bloke going.

Look I dont really wanna get into this, I like Esk, his information on money matters is 2nd to none and his writing regarding all things Everton is utterly superb. We didnt get the deals done, defo not Esks fault, but we did sign 4 players last Summer, he didnt have a clue about any of them.

Im just gonna leave it here, he doesnt need you to defend him, hes still here reading.

Hi Esk.

What are you doing tonight mate? Do you want to stay up late and chat about it?

Wouldnt be the least bit bothered about pace tbh we dont lack pace in the side, we lack craft and creativity something i think Rooney (and i dont want him for moral reasons) and Siggy would add. You will have to look hard for a squad with faster players then Lennon, Mirallas, Bolaise and Lookman, generally players with pace lack craft such is the nature of speed, so a balance is required.

Its all about adding a different dimensions offensively to what we have already.

Rooney and Siggy are capable of double figures in goals and assists, Giroud is capable of 15 a season. That goes someway to filling the Lukuku shaped hole in our team and might even be tolerable.

I'm struggling to believe this one too.

Of all our mad moves this summer this would be the maddest and really show me that things may actually have changed.

People might not like him, and that's fair enough, but he's a pretty big name, starts for France on the regs, and is the sexiest bloke going.
It would be a statement for sure. Whilst Rooney is still a big name there has always been that expectation that should he leave United and stay in England we'd be his first option but a player like Giroud would have been totally out of our reach this time last year. I still doubt he'll sign but we now have a project and a vision to pitch to him and his camp and we're speaking to these players.

I think at least two will be correct. Unfortunately one will be Rooney...which would have been great a season or so ago but now looks like a panic Kenwright signing.
It's nothing like a panic signing at all. It's probably too tinged with blue blindness by Bill in some people's view but if this lad didn't have his Everton history we'd be made up getting in a premier league legend in at 31 to bring this squad forward.

I'm with you on your posts other than that today though Dave, very good point on Klassen too; I'm honestly not sure where the belief he's a goal scorer playing under the wing of a big man has come from. Head scratcher that!

lollollol
That's got to be a spoof! There's no way they can can be the highlights of any professional player's career. All he does is lose the ball and get tackled.
upload_2017-7-5_11-3-35.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back