Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Sunday Mornings rumour round-up;

- According to The Mirror, Everton are set to follow up the signing of Wayne Rooney with a deal for Swansea midfielder, Gylfi Sigurdsson. The newspaper claims the Toffees are set to seal a sensational return to Goodison for Rooney in the next 24 hours. Everton will then put the finishing touches to the signing of Sigurdsson after agreeing a £30m switch with Swansea. The player will earn £135k per week. The Mail say Everton will pay £32m for Sigurdsson.

- Romelu Lukaku has taken to Instagram to announce he has successfully completed his Manchester United medical. Sky Journalist, Kaveh Solekhol, reported that Chelsea had matched United's £75m bid at the eleventh hour but Lukaku is still on his way to Old Trafford.

- The Daily Mail say Everton's Gareth Barry is a target for West Brom. The Mirror suggests Burnley are also interested.

- The Daily Star reckon Everton are unlikely to haggle with Arsenal and will pay the asking price for Olivier Giroud.

- The Daily Mail also report Everton value James McCarthy at £25m ahead of interest from Leicester, Newcastle, West Brom and Crystal Palace.

- According to The Mirror, Leeds United, Hull City and Middlesborough are keen on Everton defender Matthew Pennington.

That type of phrase shows a marked difference in us (if true), it also is something that marks out the teams that get the players they want more often than those who have a list of 'missed targets'.

Strange day of rumours, would be happy with all 5 of those happening...

That type of phrase shows a marked difference in us (if true), it also is something that marks out the teams that get the players they want more often than those who have a list of 'missed targets'.

Strange day of rumours, would be happy with all 5 of those happening...

..interesting as well to think of the younger players as investments. Not sure it was you who compared this with Chelsea's approach of getting decent money for academy players around the fringes of the first team, Pennington could get us a decent return and I would hope a sell on clause.

He'll play plenty. Sometimes Gana will drop out for him and sometimes Klaassen will. There will be loads of occassions when we need to change the midfield formula based on how the opposition play. There's so many one trick teams in this league. Look at when he played Schneiderlin and Barry together against West Brom at home. Looked like madness on paper but the right call in the end.

The truely big clubs all have a squad with a variety of players. Different styles, ages and characters.

Only mid to lower teams get by with a settled 12-13 players. It only took us so far too.

Imagine having an injury and not having to fume at who we've had to play in their place.

This is precisely what we have to do to break top 4. Two good players for every position. Supplemented by our excellent academy.

What's happening with Ross though, very quiet on that front? has he even reported back for pre season, not seen any pics or anything. You'd think our transfer activity would show him we mean business. Not that I'm arsed either way he stays.

..interesting as well to think of the younger players as investments. Not sure it was you who compared this with Chelsea's approach of getting decent money for academy players around the fringes of the first team, Pennington could get us a decent return and I would hope a sell on clause.

Aye did mention the Chelsea model, ultimately it is a very good way to become self sustaining as a club.

The hope would be that we do go down this route - which looks likely, then we cream off the best - the likes of Davies, Kenny etc and they go on to have great careers with us, and in the meantime the other lads who don't quite make it with us go on to have good careers - are handled the right way by us mate.

Strange thing, but the better our squad gets, and the better it performs, then the players not good enough to make it actually increase in value just due to those reasons.

Effectively not making it at OLD Everton - would suggest due to our small squad and frankly not great one, that the player is below a certain low bar,not making it at say Chelsea means your not able to displace a world class star etc - which means your higher regarded...

What's happening with Ross though, very quiet on that front? has he even reported back for pre season, not seen any pics or anything. You'd think our transfer activity would show him we mean business. Not that I'm arsed either way he stays.

He's already back at USM FF mate, was back on the first day and in some pics etc

What's the crack with Deulofeu and McGeady. Last I read was Barcelona were to trigger the clause on Deulofeu but nothing since confirming this has happened or Deulofeu accepting a contract. On McGeady the last I read was Sunderland has but £4.5 million but this was before they bid for Galloway and Browning both them deals have been completed but nothing on McGeady!

DERlAE7XUAAx9wO.jpg

What's the crack with Deulofeu and McGeady. Last I read was Barcelona were to trigger the clause on Deulofeu but nothing since confirming this has happened or Deulofeu accepting a contract. On McGeady the last I read was Sunderland has but £4.5 million but this was before they bid for Galloway and Browning both them deals have been completed but nothing on McGeady!

...as far as I know, Deulofeu has already joined Barcelona as the deal had to be done by 1st July. McGeady is reported to be on the verge of joining Sunderland once he sorts out 'some differences' with Everton.

Hope their not having second thoughts? They're skint though, so I guess there still haggling over the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back