Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good little player Adrien Silva but I'm not sure where he'd fit in. We have other positions that need filling before adding another midfielder.

If Barry leaves, I think we're very dependent on Schneiderlin. McCarthy is more similar to Gueye and Davies, Besic is not reliable. We've got some good players coming through, if they are ready.

IMO we've done good business so far. A bit of simple maths and the rumors that we had £150m as a starting point this summer says that we are in the £200m region for funds available (although i do doubt this). Personally i'd like us to wrap up Giroud and Gylfi and then go after a statement signing and a new wide player. Maybe renew interest in VVD to make heads well and truly fall off and reinforce the statement that everton are back and mean business this season.

If Barry leaves, I think we're very dependent on Schneiderlin. McCarthy is more similar to Gueye and Davies, Besic is not reliable. We've got some good players coming through, if they are ready.

Beni baningime being the best in my opinion.
He will definitely get minutes this season, not in the premier but in other comps.
Prepared to be vaulted to the heavens.

We're going to have a slower team than West Brom at this rate ffs.
Which is why I keep thinking Andre Gray is an option as he has pace to burn. Not saying I would him but a player of his type will surely be wanted if we are getting Giroud.

Beni baningime being the best in my opinion.
He will definitely get minutes this season, not in the premier but in other comps.
Prepared to be vaulted to the heavens.

...really like the lad, if he has a fault it's his ability to keep possession when he has hold of a football. I'm sure passing accuracy is an aspect of his game that can improve.

It would be amazing if the next announcement comes and its sigurddson or giroud with us already knowing Rooney is done it would be a noce touch and keep up our weekly double reveals

Which is why I keep thinking Andre Gray is an option as he has pace to burn. Not saying I would him but a player of his type will surely be wanted if we are getting Giroud.

Can't we have pace and quality? Why does it have to be one or the other?

Seems likely we'll get Sigurdsson and Giroud.

So where does that leave us? Another striker? Another RB/LB/CB?

We could well spend another 100m but not sure if we will.

Being greedy I would still like another striker in even with Rooney, Giroud, and Sandro.

Dembele would compliment what we have already / might be getting quite well.

Be nice if there was still such a thing as a decent utility defender who could play more than one role, Alan Harper might not have been a regular in the 80s but what a guy to cover different positions when needed.

Rooney/Sigurdsson/Giroud + 1 other would be great - that's about as much as could be asked for in one window and about the limit of what could be absorbed in terms of integrating so many new players together.

There will still be gaps even then but we are not Real Madrid, we can assess where we are later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back