Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP means we can have loses of 100 mil over a 3 year period, right now based on TV and Roms sale even with the players we brought we made a profit

127+ 75= 202 mil
Spent 90 mil? So still 102 mil in profit this year for FFP

Nice one say basically got to break even?

Tierney at Celtic would be perfect LB for us. The right age to be Baines understudy for a year whilst still getting a decent run out in EL games. That said, I think we already have adequate cover in youngsters coming through in that position.

Assuming we are signing Rooney, Sigurdsson and another striker (possibly Giroud), I think we also need a left back as well as a bare minimum.

In an ideal world we'd also add a wide player with real pace and a high quality, commanding centre back partner for Keane.

Marseille seems like a natural choice for Giroud, but who knows, Bill may have to use all his legendary powers of persuasion ...

Even if we sign Giroud, who's going to be his backup ? I think we need a second big target man.

I really hope we sign a wide player before the window closes, I don't think the quality of service we're putting into the box is good enough at the moment for a side that aims to finish top 4.

Tierney at Celtic would be perfect LB for us. The right age to be Baines understudy for a year whilst still getting a decent run out in EL games. That said, I think we already have adequate cover in youngsters coming through in that position.
Bit confused as we literally don't have a left back coming through?

Got the feeling myself that both are much further along than anyone suspects mate

..I read that RK had a telephone conversation with Giroud and the player told him he wanted to wait until August to assess the comings and goings at Arsenal. Saying that, it appears Arsenal are more than happy to offload so that should send him some sort of message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back