Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
2142954-211.gif

Looks like we'll start to use the exit window now; should be wide open now with Rooney and Sigurdsson looking like it's going to go through.....

Assuming we are signing Rooney, Sigurdsson and another striker (possibly Giroud), I think we also need a left back as well as a bare minimum.

In an ideal world we'd also add a wide player with real pace and a high quality, commanding centre back partner for Keane.

You've got to be joking mate. The Moshiri money, the Sky money, and now the Lukaku money as well - we can afford anyone we want. How many signings do we have to make before this sinks in ?

I'm thinking more on the lines of FFP which I don't fully understand, we can't spend freely the way City and Chelsea did. I'm fully aware this is a different Everton.

I think one player who can play both right and left back should be what we are after now. Can't think off the top of my head but there are a few about.

I'm thinking more on the lines of FFP which I don't fully understand, we can't spend freely the way City and Chelsea did. I'm fully aware this is a different Everton.
FFP means we can have loses of 100 mil over a 3 year period, right now based on TV and Roms sale even with the players we brought we made a profit

127+ 75= 202 mil
Spent 90 mil? So still 102 mil in profit this year for FFP

Seems likely we'll get Sigurdsson and Giroud.

So where does that leave us? Another striker? Another RB/LB/CB?

We could well spend another 100m but not sure if we will.

Being greedy I would still like another striker in even with Rooney, Giroud, and Sandro.

Dembele would compliment what we have already / might be getting quite well.

Be nice if there was still such a thing as a decent utility defender who could play more than one role, Alan Harper might not have been a regular in the 80s but what a guy to cover different positions when needed.

Rooney/Sigurdsson/Giroud + 1 other would be great - that's about as much as could be asked for in one window and about the limit of what could be absorbed in terms of integrating so many new players together.

There will still be gaps even then but we are not Real Madrid, we can assess where we are later.
Batshuayi, I demand Batshuayi!

Seems likely we'll get Sigurdsson and Giroud.

So where does that leave us? Another striker? Another RB/LB/CB?

We could well spend another 100m but not sure if we will.

Being greedy I would still like another striker in even with Rooney, Giroud, and Sandro.

Dembele would compliment what we have already / might be getting quite well.

Be nice if there was still such a thing as a decent utility defender who could play more than one role, Alan Harper might not have been a regular in the 80s but what a guy to cover different positions when needed.

Rooney/Sigurdsson/Giroud + 1 other would be great - that's about as much as could be asked for in one window and about the limit of what could be absorbed in terms of integrating so many new players together.

There will still be gaps even then but we are not Real Madrid, we can assess where we are later.
Daley Blind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back