Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costa 60 m
Belotti 80/90 m
Cover RB/LB 20 m

150 m or so
I'll ring Mosh and have a word

Our net spend with Rom gone for 75 M upfront is around +15 M I think. I don't see why we shouldn't try a move for ONE 60-80 M striker that will truly make a difference. Otherwise we have the Giroud option for 20 M

I don't understand the philosophy in getting so many CAMs like we already have so many CMs.

Just cos we have money does not mean we start wasting it. With Klaasen, Rooney and Ramirez our AM options, how much can Sigurdsson improve us? His FKs are top drawer but we also have these options for that:

Sandro, Mirallas, Rooney

For creativity we have Sandro, Rooney and Klaasen. Even Barkley is still with us and I actually hope he stays now and learns fron Rooney.
Ramirez is most certainly not a CM or CAM.

I expect that with the defense improved, we likely will play just one defensive mid, unlike last season, with Schneiderlin sitting in front of the back 4, allowing us to push 2 CMs forward. This means Klaassen and Rooney would likely start around there. Gueye is first backup for Schneiderlin and first option for games we decide to go defensive. Davies is the next option for all of the rest of the positions. I could easily see us pushing Rooney out wide if we brought in another CM. For example, front 3 would be Sandro, Giroud, Rooney, midfield would be Klaassen, Sygi up further, Schneiderlin in behind.

If we just make europa group stage, and a couple of cup quarterfinals, we will be playing 57-60 games this season. Thats enough to play everyone every other game and still play in nearly 30 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back