Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez is most certainly not a CM or CAM.

I expect that with the defense improved, we likely will play just one defensive mid, unlike last season, with Schneiderlin sitting in front of the back 4, allowing us to push 2 CMs forward. This means Klaassen and Rooney would likely start around there. Gueye is first backup for Schneiderlin and first option for games we decide to go defensive. Davies is the next option for all of the rest of the positions. I could easily see us pushing Rooney out wide if we brought in another CM. For example, front 3 would be Sandro, Giroud, Rooney, midfield would be Klaassen, Sygi up further, Schneiderlin in behind.

If we just make europa group stage, and a couple of cup quarterfinals, we will be playing 57-60 games this season. Thats enough to play everyone every other game and still play in nearly 30 each.

Rooney, Klaasen and Sigu are all very similar in qualities and all three lack pace. I see Sando perfect for playing just off the main striker. He would do great with Rooney or Giroud up front. However we really need pace in AM. Can't have Sigu and Klaasen in the same team. Too similar.

What I am suggesting would not be a defender. More of a deeper sitting wide mid. Effectively its a centre mid who funnels back into the full back positions when we are defending.
Do you really want to see Davies get skinned every match by whoever he was up against on the wing.

Like it not they still have to be fullbacks. Until Guardiola actually proves that formation works (after all he did have a pretty poor season) I think we shouldn't be looking to copy it especially with players who can't do the traditional job as well.

Someone's been leaking our dealings to Wikipedia again!

I for one am delighted to welcome Harry Arter to the club but am unsure about a nomark like Icardi. Does he run the channels?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170710-163030.webp
    Screenshot_20170710-163030.webp
    64.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Screenshot_20170710-163022.webp
    Screenshot_20170710-163022.webp
    68.8 KB · Views: 199
Did something similar when I wore my Everton shirt to a Toronto FC MLS game had a few calls out but as I was leaving the parking lot I saw another Everton shirt across the lot and he saw me we both pointed at each other in an Everton embrace and quickly chatted about never seeing fellow blues.
Taking over indeed!

Hello mate, this has nothing to do with your post but can you please change your avatar from that utter rat you currently have please?

Hope that sky/jim white are wrong we desperately need another LB going into the season with only one who's past his best days anyway isn't great news with Galloway gone on loan.

Also don't want Gray, he's a slightly better version of Lookman no way we should be paying £22 million for him - use that on another CB or top quality LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back