Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
All our signings have gone under the radar to the fans, they and yes I include myself, so sorry, WE just demand more.

We have made some very good signings this window, sadly at this point we have also lost without doubt our best player, but in time, I think the 7 players we have bought will have a bigger impact.

Was speaking to a couple of blues when we were away in Cornwall at the weekend, what they were saying sort of points to this. Their opinion was that we haven't made a signing yet that made them go "wow, we mean business"

Was speaking to a couple of blues when we were away in Cornwall at the weekend, what they were saying sort of points to this. Their opinion was that we haven't made a signing yet that made them go "wow, we mean business"

None of them have made me think "oh hey up", but im very, very pleased with them all, Pickford and Keane have massive potential, Klaassen is just everything we as fans look for, he will be an idol, Sandro and Rooney will score goals, we have improved the squad so much.

Exactly. We need players who will gel as a team. The signing of Rooney (even though I was against it) can be considered a 'statement signing'. Let's face it, his face hasn't been off sky sports since Sunday. However if I'm honest, I think the likes of Sandro and klassen will have a bigger influence in how we play, but not as bigger influence as the media coverage Rooney will generate for the club.
I think Rooney is going to have much bigger impact than most people expect.

He is trying to take the pressure from himself in any interview I have seen , I think he is trying to load it onto himself. He likes being the main man and wants that again.
I expect that in the new season the comments will be about his speed and fitness rather than the quality of his football..which has never been in question.

Later in the season I can see SKY really focusing on the Lukaku/Rooney swaps and looking at who got the best deal. I don't believe Utd ever considered that Rooney may be a bigger success than Lukaku, but I certainly would not dismiss the idea.

All our signings have gone under the radar to the fans, they and yes I include myself, so sorry, WE just demand more.

We have made some very good signings this window, sadly at this point we have also lost without doubt our best player, but in time, I think the 7 players we have bought will have a bigger impact.

That's how I like it. We want them to show their talents on the pitch, not being on instagram and the like making stupid videos like Pogba and Rom that gets flashed all over the social media.

The signings have been 'sensible'..

Young PFA Award nominees in Keane and Pickford along with Sandro are the standouts for me.

I'd have had 3 players before Klaassen but his signing allows Davies some growth room.

Onyekuru we don't see and Rooney is a lever to get in top players to follow...lets see.

I agree to a point, but when you look at our team from last season, if I'm honest 7th was the best we could hope for with the team and squad we had. Although not 'wow signings' we have significantly upgraded our starting team and squad. Yes we could have instead spent 100m on buying 2 x 50m players. Would those 2 players of that ilk, improved the team more than the players we have bought. Also would these higher level of player even want to come to the club in its present state? I doubt it. But next year they might!

The signings have been 'sensible'..

Young PFA Award nominees in Keane and Pickford along with Sandro are the standouts for me.

I'd have had 3 players before Klaassen but his signing allows Davies some growth room.

Onyekuru we don't see and Rooney is a lever to get in top players to follow...lets see.

Would be VERY interested to hear the names of these 3 players, VERY :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Rooney will prove to be the signing of the summer, prepare the vault.

Would be VERY interested to hear the names of these 3 players, VERY :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Rooney will prove to be the signing of the summer, prepare the vault.

I should have added 'from Ajax'...late here now.

Dolberg, Sanchez, De Ligt.

All 3 will be world class players. Klaassen ticks along...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back