Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. We need players who will gel as a team. The signing of Rooney (even though I was against it) can be considered a 'statement signing'. Let's face it, his face hasn't been off sky sports since Sunday. However if I'm honest, I think the likes of Sandro and klassen will have a bigger influence in how we play, but not as bigger influence as the media coverage Rooney will generate for the club.

So excited for Davy K, think hes gonna be a hero for us.

step0001.webp

Zat

Dave is quite capable of fighting his own battles mate. More than capable in fact.

What I will say is that he's been posting the same message for weeks, but up until the Lukaku deal was confirmed yesterday you wouldn't have been able to make that post saying he is correct. Let's wait until the end of the window and see where we stand, bearing in mind my previous post regarding net spend.

As regards your shopping list. Why not. But you need to be realistic about who's prepared to come here, who our competition for these players are, and how much their clubs want to sell them. You could end up disappointed mate.

Think we should go all out for Dolberg by the way, even if we have to loan him back to Ajax for a season. He's the one on your list that I would say we have any chance of getting.

He may well have been doing so for weeks, but what tickled me was that people were popping their heads up at the exact time when he was bulletproof. Couldn't resist.

I like the idea and execution of Onyekuru signing and going off to Anderlecht for a season, Why not do the same with other high profile lads like Sessegnon for example? Dolberg I think he'd get a lot of value on the pitch with higher calibre forwards and defences than in Holland and would try and bring him and Dembele in now...watch them grow over the next 2 seasons and hopefully become a lethal forward line for us along with Sandro and possibly DCL/Lookman.

For me, we should be after those England u20s we bid for in Jan for the u23s (i appreciate weve got bowler for money) and keep adding the best into that category to be fine tuned by unsworth.

Then go for the future next generation superstars like Dolberg etc....we cant compete otherwise.

So excited for Davy K, think hes gonna be a hero for us.
He's certainly gone under the radar mate, Ajax captain yet barely gets a mention. I like you think he will become a firm crowd favourite. You only have to hear what that Ajax fan said about his quality and attitude. If nothing else the crowd demand commitment to the shirt. Just look at Gana last season. Of course it helps if you have talent as well.

I'd probably concur. If that's the case then we speak with their agents and gauge interest...which we may well have done.

But with such publicity across the continent now is the time to make waves. Get one or two players of a higher level in then were nicely set up for future windows when we can aim for that level player.

It's a wonder Walsh and Koeman never thought of this. ???

He's certainly gone under the radar mate, Ajax captain yet barely gets a mention. I like you think he will become a firm crowd favourite. You only have to hear what that Ajax fan said about his quality and attitude. If nothing else the crowd demand commitment to the shirt. Just look at Gana last season. Of course it helps if you have talent as well.

All our signings have gone under the radar to the fans, they and yes I include myself, so sorry, WE just demand more.

We have made some very good signings this window, sadly at this point we have also lost without doubt our best player, but in time, I think the 7 players we have bought will have a bigger impact.

All our signings have gone under the radar to the fans, they and yes I include myself, so sorry, WE just demand more.

We have made some very good signings this window, sadly at this point we have also lost without doubt our best player, but in time, I think the 7 players we have bought will have a bigger impact.
That's how I like it. We want them to show their talents on the pitch, not being on instagram and the like making stupid videos like Pogba and Rom that gets flashed all over the social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back