Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are still short of what is required and I personally am not bowled over by the names we are being linked with at the moment. We seem to have gone down a few dead ends and need a second wind in this transfer window now. Hopefully Walsh and Koeman can re evaluate and get us back on track or I fear we could be heading for mid table mediocracy again!!

Jeez, you talk utter tosh. We've been spending cash like it's going out of fashion and are gonna continue to do so. There's not a bottomless pit of it though. We still have to balance books/follow ffp and other stuff. We've got one of the best RB's in the league due to return around Xmas time. Why would we pay tons of cash for a backup, especially considering we've got two young lads who can also play there at a push? Honestly, you're not fit to lace Dave's boots.

we've not spent cash like its out of fashion. we are currently around 15m in profit from transfers this summer. how have you come to that conclusion?

We are still short of what is required and I personally am not bowled over by the names we are being linked with at the moment. We seem to have gone down a few dead ends and need a second wind in this transfer window now. Hopefully Walsh and Koeman can re evaluate and get us back on track or I fear we could be heading for mid table mediocracy again!!

Seriously?
Didnt take long for the buzz of 5 new signings to wear off did it?

This is the only disadvantage to buying well early, by the time the pre season comes round, people are in need of that fix for transfers they want more and more and more. We are not finished but to say what we have already done may lead us to mid table is a joke.

(By the way i dont see buying early as having any disadvantage, but for the bed wetters panicking)

Loic Remy, 30 years old, 1 year remaining on his contract at Chelsea, could be worth a place in our squad perhaps?

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...emy-ace-would-be-a-smart-signing-for-everton/

Also we have reportedly tried to sign Adil Rami, 31 year old CB and been knocked back, could mean Funes Mori or Jags could be off if we are in for a new CB

http://sportwitness.co.uk/everton-tried-luck-make-la-liga-signing-theyve-handed-failure/

I have no problems bringing Martina in (although for £3.5m Tete should have been bought IMO).

My problem is the suggestion by some on here that he'll start ahead of Kenny just because he's played more PL mins.

I dont think anyone on here would actually want Martina to start infront of Kenny.

The reality is though that Koeman will, while good to throw a kid right into the fire to see how they do, the first 6 games we have he is not just getting thrown into a fire, he is getting thrown into the sun, with some petrol poured on it, and firelighters in it all over the place.
He will be up against the likes of Hazard, Silva, De Bruyne, Eriksson etc in his first 4 premier league starts. A bad performance here or there would set hte lad back.

I personally would love to put him in there but i think Koeman wont. A good scenario may be that Kenny starts the qualifiers, early europa games (provided we get through) and when we get past the first 5/6 games see were we are from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back