Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dolberg, yes. But no more Ajax players besides him, please.
I get it, Koeman is from Holland, but i do not share the passion.

Perhaps look elsewhere, like Hannover! (It was a joke, the hannover part)

Imagine the confidence knock of the EL games and hard PL start go badly for him. He'd never recover.

Imagine if he stands up and excels in those games mate?

Two sides to any argument.

Simple question would you rather play a young local lad who every time he's been tested has passed it with flying colours - including leading the youth side to success and two international tournaments finals where he excelled in both, or play a guy who has been shown as not good enough already repeatedly in this league?

Mind goes back to playing alcaraz in a crucial European game because he was experienced. Moyes being loathed to play Barkley due to inexperience and playing Neville against Wigan etc.

Davies was given the chance last season, so actually was holgate who was younger than Kenny is now and also played out of position.

we've not spent cash like its out of fashion. we are currently around 15m in profit from transfers this summer. how have you come to that conclusion?

How have we not? Don't give me this net spend malarkey. We've been bombing out the cash with more to come. Can't do a Man City or a Chelsea nowadays cos ffp has put paid to that. This season has been unprecedented in the history of Everton. We've never made moves like this before (I mean, maybe back in the day, but I ain't THAT old). You're in here moaning cos we're picking up a player on a free for a position we desperately need cover in and bleating that we ain't throwing Brewsters at it. It's called common sense. Free player, lowish wages, experience. What's to lose? Yeah he ain't all that, but we've got Seamus gearing up for his comeback. Hell, we might even sign another rb, but I doubt we'll be splashing too much on him.

How have we not? Don't give me this net spend malarkey. We've been bombing out the cash with more to come. Can't do a Man City or a Chelsea nowadays cos ffp has put paid to that. This season has been unprecedented in the history of Everton. We've never made moves like this before (I mean, maybe back in the day, but I ain't THAT old). You're in here moaning cos we're picking up a player on a free for a position we desperately need cover in and bleating that we ain't throwing Brewsters at it. It's called common sense. Free player, lowish wages, experience. What's to lose? Yeah he ain't all that, but we've got Seamus gearing up for his comeback. Hell, we might even sign another rb, but I doubt we'll be splashing too much on him.

We've spent money because we've been able to due to huge player sales. There is not much more left apart from player sales. I can assure you this

We've spent money because we've been able to due to huge player sales. There is not much more left apart from player sales. I can assure you this
Have a listen to the latest blueroom financial podcast, where they break down our spending this summer. You'll learn a bit about how the finances of transfers work. Net spend is only one (limited and not terribly relevant) measure.

And thanks for your "assurance". I'm sure people will come back to you when we've bought a couple more players (likely breaking our transfer record at least once in the process).

You're like a cheap facsimile of davek

I don't get this Martina deal at all.

It would be one thing if he were coming in as backup, but by the time Coleman is fit again he'll have played more than half a season.

It's going to be difficult enough to close the gap on the teams above without the added issue of having a weak link at the back for six months.

I don't get this Martina deal at all.

It would be one thing if he were coming in as backup, but by the time Coleman is fit again he'll have played more than half a season.

It's going to be difficult enough to close the gap on the teams above without the added issue of having a weak link at the back for six months.
We're limited on options though. No quality right back is going to come in, knowing that in 6 months they'd be sitting on the bench, and even if we could find someone who would do that, we wouldn't want to bomb a load of money on someone who'll only play half a season.

Martina is someone Koeman knows and obviously trusts to do a solid job for us, and who can hopefully vye with Kenny for the starting spot until Seamus is back, at which point he probably won't mind not playing all that regularly

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back