Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't seem the type to let that affect. Got a brilliant attitude and desire.
Imagine if he stands up and excels in those games mate?

Two sides to any argument.

Simple question would you rather play a young local lad who every time he's been tested has passed it with flying colours - including leading the youth side to success and two international tournaments finals where he excelled in both, or play a guy who has been shown as not good enough already repeatedly in this league?

Mind goes back to playing alcaraz in a crucial European game because he was experienced. Moyes being loathed to play Barkley due to inexperience and playing Neville against Wigan etc.

Davies was given the chance last season, so actually was holgate who was younger than Kenny is now and also played out of position.
Absolutely fair points lads.

Just think we could do with that extra bit of depth. I'd prefer Kenny if he's up to it on a twice weekly basis.

I don't get this Martina deal at all.

It would be one thing if he were coming in as backup, but by the time Coleman is fit again he'll have played more than half a season.

It's going to be difficult enough to close the gap on the teams above without the added issue of having a weak link at the back for six months.

Who said he's playing?

Walsh and Koeman really do need to look a bit further than the Prem.

I'll be livid if we spend more than £30 Million on Sigurdsson. For me it's just a lazy signing and lack any imagination or inspiration
I agree totally
I mean we signed Rooney Pickford and Keane from PL and only signed
Klassen
Sandro
Henry
Donkor
That young CB
from Europe
Lack of imagination and effort

paul joyce announcing martina deal, he told us ages ago he is the only person i believe on everton transfers. we needed the cover across defence ... for free makes sense with injuries and for back up. think he will start right back.

We're limited on options though. No quality right back is going to come in, knowing that in 6 months they'd be sitting on the bench, and even if we could find someone who would do that, we wouldn't want to bomb a load of money on someone who'll only play half a season.

Martina is someone Koeman knows and obviously trusts to do a solid job for us, and who can hopefully vye with Kenny for the starting spot until Seamus is back, at which point he probably won't mind not playing all that regularly
It's too long to go with a poor player in the side every week; especially with no guarantees over Coleman's return. For all we know, he may run into complications along the way, or, like Oviedo, simply never look the same again.

I understand what you mean about selling the role to another player, but it could and should be a case of the shirt being theirs to lose.

paul joyce announcing martina deal, he told us ages ago he is the only person i believe on everton transfers. we needed the cover across defence ... for free makes sense with injuries and for back up. think he will start right back.

Hunter at the Guardian knows his stuff as well.

A few others - King at the Mail, Bascombe at the Telegraph and a few more at the Guardian are also pretty decent, but if it's come from Joyce or Hunter, it's almost certainly legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back