Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally

Could be nothing - he's not actually a fan so couldn't elaborate too much - He knows I am so was desperate to tell me this morning

Barclays would be informed during negotiations with Sportpesa. They would then conduct due diligence themselves along with our own advisors and we will have signed the contract.

The only reason there would be something amiss is if the payment was received from a different account than one of the Sportpesa ones submitted to Barclays.

It really doesn't make sense.

Cuco is cover. Perhaps he can cover LB as well? If so than he is a good fit at a low price. Never had a problem with the idea as we need it.
Cover for who? You do realise Coleman has a broken leg and Kenny is a kid who couldn't get in ahead of Holgate another kid playing out of position.

Martina has been bought as our starting RB for at least half the season.

Not the actions of any club looking to break the top 4. This is no different than Stek last year.

Cover for who? You do realise Coleman has a broken leg and Kenny is a kid who couldn't get in ahead of Holgate another kid playing out of position.

Not the actions of any club looking to break the top 4. This is no different than Stek last year.

Why George, what were your opinions on us signing Stek last year?

if you can please provide your previous username to aid my search it would be most useful.

danke

Kenny was winning the League title mate, the manager thought that was better for his devolpment last season, he will be given every chance to stamp a claim for the number 2, as will Connolly, Holgate and Martina.

Kenny was winning the League title mate, the manager thought that was better for his devolpment last season, he will be given every chance to stamp a claim for the number 2, as will Connolly, Holgate and Martina.
We know Holgate and Martina aren't good enough.

If we don't buy anyone and Connolly isn't either (impossible to say give the jump in standard) then this decision will have killed our season.

But ok.

It's OK mate - could be a load of fluff for all I know - just passing it on

Mate, why would a bank, any bank, care about the legitimacy of our sponsorship deal?

What exactly is meant to be "illegitimate" about it? And why would that concern the bank?

The only reason I could imagine any bank being concerned with "legitimacy" is a concern that the payments we are owed are being legitimately paid. Even then, say for some reason they were not, we have a 60 million quid credit facility from a separate bank to the one your mate is claiming is concerned.

I've no idea why Barclays would give a fart about our sponsorship deals? Has that ever been related to any of our financial dealings with them? Not that I'm aware.

Barclays had cut our overdraft limit down years before when we sold Arteta and we used another funding vehicle to leverage the tv revenues and season ticket sales I believe.

So please ask your mate why any bank would take issue with the legitimacy of the sponsorship deal?

Reading what you've posted about it would indicate that neither you nor your mate have any actual clue given the vagueness of the claims. "Unhappiness is something to do with the legitimacy of our sponsorship deal", "large bank shaped cloud on the horizon - could put a dent in our spending plans"

It's awfully light on relevant details mate and doesn't make much sense.

Why George, what were your opinions on us signing Stek last year?

if you can please provide your previous username to aid my search it would be most useful.

danke
Previous user name?

I did support Everton before signing up on here.

If you want my opinion. At the time I thought it was a cost saving exercise. A cheap alternative if we didn't get our target and could act as a stop gap for a year.

I think Martina is a stop gap who will like Stek be our starter until Coleman gets back.

It's an indication the board have no intention of challenging the top 6.

Happy or do I have to draw pictures?

Mate, why would a bank, any bank, care about the legitimacy of our sponsorship deal?

What exactly is meant to be "illegitimate" about it? And why would that concern the bank?

The only reason I could imagine any bank being concerned with "legitimacy" is a concern that the payments we are owed are being legitimately paid. Even then, say for some reason they were not, we have a 60 million quid credit facility from a separate bank to the one your mate is claiming is concerned.

I've no idea why Barclays would give a fart about our sponsorship deals? Has that ever been related to any of our financial dealings with them? Not that I'm aware.

Barclays had cut our overdraft limit down years before when we sold Arteta and we used another funding vehicle to leverage the tv revenues and season ticket sales I believe.

So please ask your mate why any bank would take issue with the legitimacy of the sponsorship deal?

Reading what you've posted about it would indicate that neither you nor your mate have any actual clue given the vagueness of the claims. "Unhappiness is something to do with the legitimacy of our sponsorship deal", "large bank shaped cloud on the horizon - could put a dent in our spending plans"

It's awfully light on relevant details mate and doesn't make much sense.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that if they are providing the financing for the new stadium (which would surprise me, I'd have thought it may have been split across a few institutional lenders), they are receiving repayments from us and they may not be happy about the source of funds.

I think it's unlikely TBF

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that if they are providing the financing for the new stadium (which would surprise me, I'd have thought it may have been split across a few institutional lenders), they are receiving repayments from us and they may not be happy about the source of funds.

I think it's unlikely TBF
We're moving this out of the transfer thread because it's weird enough to deserve discussion elsewhere.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...nd-transfer-kitties.97589/page-5#post-5600260

Previous user name?

I did support Everton before signing up on here.

If you want my opinion. At the time I thought it was a cost saving exercise. A cheap alternative if we didn't get our target and could act as a stop gap for a year.

I think Martina is a stop gap who will like Stek be our starter until Coleman gets back.

It's an indication the board have no intention of challenging the top 6.

Happy or do I have to draw pictures?

It isn't

It's an indication that Coleman is and will remain our 1st choice right back. We don't want to buy another first choice right back because of that and also because doing that blocks Kenny's route into the team and effectively costs us money we don't need to spend.

Coleman will be back before we're halfway through the season, last time we heard. Anything more than a stop-gap signing at right back is a waste of money and potentially harms the development of a really promising talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back