Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't

It's an indication that Coleman is and will remain our 1st choice right back. We don't want to buy another first choice right back because of that and also because doing that blocks Kenny's route into the team and effectively costs us money we don't need to spend.

Coleman will be back before we're halfway through the season, last time we heard. Anything more than a stop-gap signing at right back is a waste of money and potentially harms the development of a really promising talent
Exactly
100%
This

It isn't

It's an indication that Coleman is and will remain our 1st choice right back. We don't want to buy another first choice right back because of that and also because doing that blocks Kenny's route into the team and effectively costs us money we don't need to spend.

Coleman will be back before we're halfway through the season, last time we heard. Anything more than a stop-gap signing at right back is a waste of money and potentially harms the development of a really promising talent
So we give up half a season?

May as well accept we are playing for the cups before the season begins.

If Kenny is good enough he can fight for the position.

It isn't

Yup, I'd much prefer us to spend decent money on a full back if it was young left sided one that will cover for, and eventually replace Baines.

Mate, why would a bank, any bank, care about the legitimacy of our sponsorship deal?

What exactly is meant to be "illegitimate" about it? And why would that concern the bank?

The only reason I could imagine any bank being concerned with "legitimacy" is a concern that the payments we are owed are being legitimately paid. Even then, say for some reason they were not, we have a 60 million quid credit facility from a separate bank to the one your mate is claiming is concerned.

I've no idea why Barclays would give a fart about our sponsorship deals? Has that ever been related to any of our financial dealings with them? Not that I'm aware.

Barclays had cut our overdraft limit down years before when we sold Arteta and we used another funding vehicle to leverage the tv revenues and season ticket sales I believe.

So please ask your mate why any bank would take issue with the legitimacy of the sponsorship deal?

Reading what you've posted about it would indicate that neither you nor your mate have any actual clue given the vagueness of the claims. "Unhappiness is something to do with the legitimacy of our sponsorship deal", "large bank shaped cloud on the horizon - could put a dent in our spending plans"

It's awfully light on relevant details mate and doesn't make much sense.

I'm not a journalist - the creation of a coherent, credible story is of no interest to me - I'm just passing on a tidbit of information to fellow blues that may or may not be of interest

Giroud seems to have changed his tone from him wanting to stay at Arsenal to leaving being a possibility.

He would be perfect for us. We'd replace a huge chunk of Rom's goals while adding a more complete striker, and the extra firepower around him.

We'd be a serious force with Sandro, Giroud, Rooney, Klaassen and Ross as our first choice forwards. With Bolasie, Lookman, Calvert-Lewin there to support them we could be in great shape.

I imagine Mirallas is on his way out.

IF.

That's my point. They could also be found to be totally out of their depth.

What ever happened to developing players and giving our own products a chance?
You think if we fork out 20m on a right back Kenny would get a look in when Coleman is fit?

Giroud seems to have changed his tone from him wanting to stay at Arsenal to leaving being a possibility.

He would be perfect for us. We'd replace a huge chunk of Rom's goals while adding a more complete striker, and the extra firepower around him.

We'd be a serious force with Sandro, Giroud, Rooney, Klaassen and Ross as our first choice forwards. With Bolasie, Lookman, Calvert-Lewin there to support them we could be in great shape.

I imagine Mirallas is on his way out.
Mirallas who just signed a new contract mirallas....can't see it myself...why up his wages for a few months and hope whoever comes in is willing to match that in the event we want rid?

You have to laugh at heads falling off over a free transfer being brought in for RB cover.
No I'm mad because we are going to start the season with a guy who was 3rd choice at Southampton because he's free.

The same way I was mad we started last season with Southampton's 3rd choice GK because he was free and look how many points that cost us and would have been more had we not had Robles.

Penny pinching at a time when we are talking about spunking 50m on Sigurdsson. It makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back