Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirallas who just signed a new contract mirallas....can't see it myself...why up his wages for a few months and hope whoever comes in is willing to match that in the event we want rid?
Plus with Bolasie out he's the only senior player that can beat a man or who has a bit of pace.

I don't expect another striker. There's no way Rooney has come to sit on the bench and Sandro likewise. And I'm ok with that.

So we give up half a season?

May as well accept we are playing for the cups before the season begins.

If Kenny is good enough he can fight for the position.

Who said we give up half a season?

We have finished top 6 on a number of occasions with The Shoe at right back for a full season

If we don't bring in Martina, we are relying on two kids at right back. One of which isn't a right back, the other is a really exciting prospect but has almost zero 1st team experience.

Martina tidies us over in case Kenny isn't ready for 2 or 3 months.

As if that's giving up before the season begins.

Buying a top class right back is plain daft as he immediately gets benched when Coleman returns and blocks Kenny's route to the 1st team. It becomes counter productive, all for the sake of a couple of months

No I'm mad because we are going to start the season with a guy who was 3rd choice at Southampton because he's free.

The same way I was mad we started last season with Southampton's 3rd choice GK because he was free and look how many points that cost us and would have been more had we not had Robles.

Penny pinching at a time when we are talking about spunking 50m on Sigurdsson. It makes no sense.

Lol...your meltdown is fun reading. Keep it up.

Plus with Bolasie out he's the only senior player that can beat a man or who has a bit of pace.

I don't expect another striker. There's no way Rooney has come to sit on the bench and Sandro likewise. And I'm ok with that.
Wholly agreed mate. Rooney sat in that press conference on Monday and said at least 3 times that he needs and wants to play regularly, Koeman was giving him the gladeye so he's on the team sheet most weeks. Sandro may be a 70 minute player for a while as I think he'll be like a jack Russell after a tennis ball!

No I'm mad because we are going to start the season with a guy who was 3rd choice at Southampton because he's free.

The same way I was mad we started last season with Southampton's 3rd choice GK because he was free and look how many points that cost us and would have been more had we not had Robles.

Penny pinching at a time when we are talking about spunking 50m on Sigurdsson. It makes no sense.

It does you know why? Sigurdsson would play far far more so you pay the money for a player being used more.

Talking about it in here mate.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-finances-and-transfer-kitties.97589/page-6

Did your mate say anything about Hull? You'd think if we were being looked into about SportPesa then they would be investigated also.
Is the African premier league equivalent not Sportspea sponsored too? Sure FIFA would be all over it....sorrry just joking FIFA is a wonderful historic association with no history to justify flippant remarks.

To expand on the above, we cant afford to lose any of our current wingers.

We have Lennon, who we all hope is "back", but sadly there must be a few "concerns"
Mirallas, who wasnt great last season, his work rate was up, but the magic wasnt there
Lookman, who is only young, bags of potential

And erm, thats it, so I cant see Mirallas moving, cos currently we NEED probably 2 more as it is.

Previous user name?

I did support Everton before signing up on here.

If you want my opinion. At the time I thought it was a cost saving exercise. A cheap alternative if we didn't get our target and could act as a stop gap for a year.

I think Martina is a stop gap who will like Stek be our starter until Coleman gets back.

It's an indication the board have no intention of challenging the top 6.

Happy or do I have to draw pictures?

Please draw me a picture

What have stop gaps ever done to you? You seem to have an unnatural hatred for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back