Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm mad because we are going to start the season with a guy who was 3rd choice at Southampton because he's free.

The same way I was mad we started last season with Southampton's 3rd choice GK because he was free and look how many points that cost us and would have been more had we not had Robles.

Penny pinching at a time when we are talking about spunking 50m on Sigurdsson. It makes no sense.
No, your mad about something that isnt real.

So you mean to say, in your infinite wisdom, you think we are bringing Martina in here to be a starter? And yet inexplicably, despite the fact he is NOT under contract with anyone, rather than bringing in our starter early for training, we waited until now to do so?

Take a second to think about that, and the maybe reconsider.

Wholly agreed mate. Rooney sat in that press conference on Monday and said at least 3 times that he needs and wants to play regularly, Koeman was giving him the gladeye so he's on the team sheet most weeks. Sandro may be a 70 minute player for a while as I think he'll be like a jack Russell after a tennis ball!

I don't think Rooney has the legs for a full 90 mins regularly. But we need a first choice striker with Rooney and sandro as back up and both can play midfield wing positions when we get a main striker in.

We know Holgate and Martina aren't good enough.

If we don't buy anyone and Connolly isn't either (impossible to say give the jump in standard) then this decision will have killed our season.

But ok.
Martina isn't even at our club yet and exactly how do we know Holgate isn't good enough ?

He seems to be the most highly rated English right back in his age group, basing on the recent under 21 European competition and he isn;t even a natural right back.

Kenny was described by Usworth last season as the best right back playing under 23 football in the country and also excelled at the under 20 competition.

Do you believe that footballers are born aged 25 with 200 professional games under their belt.

I am not sure you understand Everton, certainly not the new Everton where the home grown talent is valued as much as the 30m purchase.

Mate, why would a bank, any bank, care about the legitimacy of our sponsorship deal?

What exactly is meant to be "illegitimate" about it? And why would that concern the bank?

The only reason I could imagine any bank being concerned with "legitimacy" is a concern that the payments we are owed are being legitimately paid. Even then, say for some reason they were not, we have a 60 million quid credit facility from a separate bank to the one your mate is claiming is concerned.

I've no idea why Barclays would give a fart about our sponsorship deals? Has that ever been related to any of our financial dealings with them? Not that I'm aware.

Barclays had cut our overdraft limit down years before when we sold Arteta and we used another funding vehicle to leverage the tv revenues and season ticket sales I believe.

So please ask your mate why any bank would take issue with the legitimacy of the sponsorship deal?

Reading what you've posted about it would indicate that neither you nor your mate have any actual clue given the vagueness of the claims. "Unhappiness is something to do with the legitimacy of our sponsorship deal", "large bank shaped cloud on the horizon - could put a dent in our spending plans"

It's awfully light on relevant details mate and doesn't make much sense.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that if they are providing the financing for the new stadium (which would surprise me, I'd have thought it may have been split across a few institutional lenders), they are receiving repayments from us and they may not be happy about the source of funds.

I think it's unlikely TBF

If it's Barclays that have a problem with the source of the funds then we should just spend a bit of our Chinese overdraft and pay it off with the Sortpesa money so Barclays don't need to be involved.

Anyway on topic who do we think will be in next? After Cuco

It's too long to go with a poor player in the side every week; especially with no guarantees over Coleman's return. For all we know, he may run into complications along the way, or, like Oviedo, simply never look the same again.

I understand what you mean about selling the role to another player, but it could and should be a case of the shirt being theirs to lose.
But contrary to popular belief, footballers (and particularly their agents) aren't stupid. They will be well aware that Coleman will be straight back into the team as soon as they have a bad game... So they'd be gambling on Coleman's being a career-limiting injury, which I'm guessing isn't something any quality player would want to be betting on.

I've made my mind up I want Giroud, King, Sigurdsson & full back of no known origin! Barkley is toast in this scenario.

I dont want King.

I havent scouted him and his digits last season are very impressive, but his digits for the rest of his career make me cry.

If we show further interest I will scout him, but till then, SWERVE.

I dont want King.

I havent scouted him and his digits last season are very impressive, but his digits for the rest of his career make me cry.

If we show further interest I will scout him, but till then, SWERVE.
I've put a lot of thought into this, I didn't just cobble it together! :Blink:Who do you reckon for that role then?

If anybodys bored, a really good read here about how transfers work in the modern game.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ow-a-transfer-deal-really-works-a7837031.html

In logistical terms, many negotiations are largely conducted via WhatsApp.

lollollollol
tenor.gif

I've put a lot of thought into this, I didn't just cobble it together! :Blink:Who do you reckon for that role then?

No idea mate, where does King even play?

Position Apps Goals Assists Rating
AMC (Attacking Midfielder Centre) 16 9 0 7.28
FW (Forward Centre) 9 4 1 7.23
Sub (Substitute) 5 2 1 6.73
AMR (Attacking Midfielder Right) 4 0 0 6.44
FWL (Forward Left) 2 1 0 7.04

All along the front it seems, he could then be a decent option, based on last season, I will watch him later and get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back