Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming Ross leaves... If we have Klaasen, Rooney, Sandro, Sigurdsson and Giroud... who the hell sits on the bench most games? Obviously we have a lot of football next season but I'm actually finding it impossible to choose a preferred XI.
Just wait for a bad tackle or two, sooner or later someone will be home with a bad leg up

I think last season was a one off for Josh king, however, thankfully think he's massively down on our wish list. Think it's just journo's rattling off the top scorers in the league playing for worse teams than ourselves seeing as we obviously need a striker.

Martina isn't even at our club yet and exactly how do we know Holgate isn't good enough ?

He seems to be the most highly rated English right back in his age group, basing on the recent under 21 European competition and he isn;t even a natural right back.

Kenny was described by Usworth last season as the best right back playing under 23 football in the country and also excelled at the under 20 competition.

Do you believe that footballers are born aged 25 with 200 professional games under their belt.

I am not sure you understand Everton, certainly not the new Everton where the home grown talent is valued as much as the 30m purchase.
Kenny wasnt just the best right back at the U20 world cup he was possibly the best player in the competition. Some blues need to let that sink in.

We have some serious talent in our youth. We need to stop automatically assuming that young players excelling in inferior European leagues are better than we already have.

Kenny wasnt just the best right back at the U20 world cup he was possibly the best player in the competition. Some blues need to let that sink in.

We have some serious talent in our youth. We need to stop automatically assuming that young players excelling in inferior European leagues are better than we already have.
I wouldn't disagree with what you are saying and I'd like Kenny to get a chance. But under 23 football to the premier league is a massive jump for a lad so young. I think Kenny could go out on loan to a championship club this season, if martina arrives as seems likely, Kenny won't sniff the first team. A year under his belt in the championship, would allow him to return next year and be back up to Coleman.

Martina isn't even at our club yet and exactly how do we know Holgate isn't good enough ?

He seems to be the most highly rated English right back in his age group, basing on the recent under 21 European competition and he isn;t even a natural right back.

Kenny was described by Usworth last season as the best right back playing under 23 football in the country and also excelled at the under 20 competition.

Do you believe that footballers are born aged 25 with 200 professional games under their belt.

I am not sure you understand Everton, certainly not the new Everton where the home grown talent is valued as much as the 30m purchase.
I thought the new Everton was about winning trophies and getting in the top 4.

We know Holgate isn't good enough because we saw him enough last season to realise he isn't strong enough going forward.

It's fine if our business model is to develop young talent but if that is prioritized over bringing in the best players we can then it will effect out chances of coming in the top 4.

We didn't need to sign Martina. We could have signed someone we know is good enough. If Kenny takes his place then fair play to the kid but no one should have a right to play for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back