Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cover for who? You do realise Coleman has a broken leg and Kenny is a kid who couldn't get in ahead of Holgate another kid playing out of position.

Martina has been bought as our starting RB for at least half the season.

Not the actions of any club looking to break the top 4. This is no different than Stek last year.

Coleman has a broken leg? Really? Wow I didn't know that. You realize Kenny started for the U23 and u19 WC champs right and management felt winning those titles was a better long term option for the players development than helping the senior team finish 7th......or 7th

What player @ RB @ a top level is going to come to Everton knowing that it is likely that a potential club captain is coming back into fold 4 months after they sign.

You do realize that we signed Coleman to an extension AFTER his broken leg. That the club probably doesn't have the turnover to pay 2 top 6 caliber RB.

That if Cuco can provide cover along the backline at both RB and LB it is a good squad option for early Europa league and cup ties or to see if a youth team player can step up.

That maybe, just maybe the team might think that Kenny can start but they want insurance for injuries and don't want to be scrambling and pay a jacked up fee for a RB on deadline day.

But I suppose none of that can be true. Cuco is crap. Let's go get Alves cause we're the new Everton.

Last edited:
I thought the new Everton was about winning trophies and getting in the top 4.

We know Holgate isn't good enough because we saw him enough last season to realise he isn't strong enough going forward.

It's fine if our business model is to develop young talent but if that is prioritized over bringing in the best players we can then it will effect out chances of coming in the top 4.

We didn't need to sign Martina. We could have signed someone we know is good enough. If Kenny takes his place then fair play to the kid but no one should have a right to play for us.
Everyone has written off martina and I must admit, someone who doesn't get in southamptons first team, doesn't inspire confidence. However koeman (who wasn't a bad defender himself) obviously seems something in the lad, that can benefit us till Coleman comes back. Let's give him a chance first.

I thought the new Everton was about winning trophies and getting in the top 4.

I think you need to be a bit patient mate.

Top 4 is the aim but to do it in one and a pre seasons time from where we were is a ludicrous expectation

It will be a steady and slow ride. Which we can clearly see happening. Something the 'WE MUST HAVE IT NOW' brigade/modern football fans don't like for some reason.

I wouldn't disagree with what you are saying and I'd like Kenny to get a chance. But under 23 football to the premier league is a massive jump for a lad so young. I think Kenny could go out on loan to a championship club this season, if martina arrives as seems likely, Kenny won't sniff the first team. A year under his belt in the championship, would allow him to return next year and be back up to Coleman.

Rubbish mate frankly, with no offence meant, Kenny is better right now than Martina ever will or has been, for positions we have loads of depth in yeah loans will be brilliant ways to get players minutes. But if Kenny is loaned its an utter joke - he's by a way the best and most ready of the younger lads, older now than holgate was last season when given starts at right back. A natural right back and every bit as good as players like chilwell and Tierney who none would bat an eyelid if we bought.

The lads excelled on loan already, captained a team to the under 23 title, been one of the best players in the euro winning England team, been englands best player the best rb in the comp and arguably the best player in the entire junior world cup. He's deemed not ready now then the manager has [Poor language removed] in his eyes.

As a interesting point, Martina played 25 games and 1700 minutes in this league with one assist.
Kenny 2 games, 70 minutes. The same number of assists.

Everyone has written off martina and I must admit, someone who doesn't get in southamptons first team, doesn't inspire confidence. However koeman (who wasn't a bad defender himself) obviously seems something in the lad, that can benefit us till Coleman comes back. Let's give him a chance first.

If this was a back in the day signing by Martinez i would be very worried, but Koeman we can trust - i'm open minded and if he's not the answer then we have holgate,kenny as options until coleman is back - not a terrible position to be in

Coleman has a broken leg? Really? Wow I didn't know that. You realize Kenny started for the U23 and u19 WC champs right and management felt winning those titles was a better long term option for the players development than helping the senior team finish 7th......or 7th

What player @ RB @ a top level is going to come to Everton knowing that it is likely that a potential club captain is coming back into fold 4 months after they sign.

You do realize that we signed Coleman to an extension AFTER his broken leg. That the club probably doesn't have the turnover to pay 2 top 6 caliber RB.

That if Cuco can provide cover along the backline at both RB and LB it is a good squad option for early Europa league and cup ties or to see if a youth team player can step up.

That maybe, just maybe the team might think that Kenny can start but they want insurance for injuries and don't want to be scrambling and pay a jacked up fee for a RB on deadline day.

But I suppose noe of that cant be true. Cuco is crap. Let's go get Alves cause we're the new Everton.
Kennedy is totally unproven. All you have to do is go back and see the list of players who were great at youth level but never made the step up.

If we have the money to spend on Sigurdsson we have the money to buy a decent RB. Even if Coleman hadn't of got injured we should have done so anyway. He's not the greatest defender anyway.

4 months. Potential club captain. Wind it in. There's no guarantee how or what he will be like. If I was him I would take being fully fit for the World Cup if it was offered now.

People said that about Stek too.

Obviously when he runs out everyone will support him and hopes he will do well.

I just think it's a mistake unless another RB is coming in.

Rubbish mate frankly, with no offence meant, Kenny is better right now than Martina ever will or has been, for positions we have loads of depth in yeah loans will be brilliant ways to get players minutes. But if Kenny is loaned its an utter joke - he's by a way the best and most ready of the younger lads, older now than holgate was last season when given starts at right back. A natural right back and every bit as good as players like chilwell and Tierney who none would bat an eyelid if we bought.

The lads excelled on loan already, captained a team to the under 23 title, been one of the best players in the euro winning England team, been englands best player the best rb in the comp and arguably the best player in the entire junior world cup. He's deemed not ready now then the manager has [Poor language removed] in his eyes.

As a interesting point, Martina played 25 games and 1700 minutes in this league with one assist.
Kenny 2 games, 70 minutes. The same number of assists.
Im not disputing how talented Kenny is, But why hasn't he been involved more in the premier league at the expense of holgate, who has been playing out of position? There must be a reason, koeman must think he's not ready. His outstanding performances at the World Cup might have got koeman' attention and we might seem him involved more. However the purchase of martina suggests otherwise. I'll guess we have to wait and see.

I don't like this new George fella he's another forum black cloud.
Because I think the 3rd choice Southampton RB isn't good enough for us to rely on if a kid doesn't step up?

I think the rest of our business has been good but just not this.

Kennedy is totally unproven. All you have to do is go back and see the list of players who were great at youth level but never made the step up.

If we have the money to spend on Sigurdsson we have the money to buy a decent RB. Even if Coleman hadn't of got injured we should have done so anyway. He's not the greatest defender anyway.

4 months. Potential club captain. Wind it in. There's no guarantee how or what he will be like. If I was him I would take being fully fit for the World Cup if it was offered now.

1. Management knows a hell of a lot more about a players readiness to contribute to a senior side than ANYONE on this board.

2. 4 months from the start of the season is mid December. Do the math. He very well could be in training at that point and the medical staff probably has a good idea of his progress

3. Potential Captain - yes the captain of Ireland who has played his heart out for club and country and has the fire and determination of Seamus stands zero chance of being club captain.

4. Last I checked there is a transfer window in January that could be used if it looks like Seamus will not be fit, Everton can go and get a better player.

Wind it in....Pffft. Seamus when healthy is a top 5 RB.

I wouldn't disagree with what you are saying and I'd like Kenny to get a chance. But under 23 football to the premier league is a massive jump for a lad so young. I think Kenny could go out on loan to a championship club this season, if martina arrives as seems likely, Kenny won't sniff the first team. A year under his belt in the championship, would allow him to return next year and be back up to Coleman.

Also mate Kenny is now 20, he's not exactly a 17yo kid anymore.

1. Management knows a hell of a lot more about a players readiness to contribute to a senior side than ANYONE on this board.

2. 4 months from the start of the season is mid December. Do the math. He very well could be in training at that point and the medical staff probably has a good idea of his progress

3. Potential Captain - yes the captain of Ireland who has played his heart out for club and country and has the fire and determination of Seamus stands zero chance of being club captain.

4. Last I checked there is a transfer window in January that could be used if it looks like Seamus will not be fit, Everton can go and get a better player.

Wind it in....Pffft. Seamus when healthy is a top 5 RB.
Bar bellerin and the Spanish lad at Chelsea (can't spell his name, but you know who I mean) I wouldn't swap him with any other full back.

Who's Kennedy?

I'd suggest that you relax and let the people who are paid shed loads to worry about this kind of thing do their job. We do have almost 2 months of the transfer window left, and we have 2 senior players who have played RB i the squad, plus Kenny (who I think has played some part of a PL game, but I can't be jizzed to check up).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back